Reinstatement

by Pinky 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• floridaborn
    floridaborn

Thanks John. P that’s exactly what I was getting at. The original congregation that DFed you had to reinstate you, so what if that Cong has been dissolved?

• loneranger
    loneranger

The elders on the committee in a congregation that has been merged are still elders...just at a different congregation or congregations. The files from the merged congregation for the df'd person are sent to the congregation where the df'd person is now assigned (based on location). A local committee would be established to work/ communicate with the original committee re the df'd person's current activities. (Some or all of the original committee may even be in the newly merged Hall). The df'd person would contact the local elders to request reinstatement. The local elders could then contact the elders on the original committee re the request and their current assessment. A decision is then made and communicated to the df'd person.

Some logistics and communication involved more than usual, but doable without too much hassle.

• Pinky
    Pinky

Dubstepped not about me.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Good to know Pinky. Usually family shunning takes it's toll and a person wants to end it so they bend the knee and then when they get back in they can do a slow fade.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Something to be careful about:

I know brother who got DFed and went through the reinstatement process just to speak to family and for no other reason. He had to attend meetings for about a year and fake genuine obedience to Watchtower to get reinstated. When he was reinstated he didn’t attend another meeting! The elders were so angry that they had been “duped” that they watched this brother for years and got him DFed years later (when he had moved to a different town) for something else.

So if you get reinstated just for family it’s probably best not to rub it in their faces. At least attend the odd meeting afterward and fade. All depending on your ultimate goal, of course, but it’s worth bearing in mind that elders can be vindictive if they think you have “played the system” as they would see it.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Much depends on the elders there, and whether or not they like the person or not.

If they have their own reservations about the one who wants to be reinstated, then they will make them jump through a multitude of hoops to prevent them coming back in easily.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

As I have heard, they now want to have a copy of tax returns and bank statements.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit