Big Day fast approaching Letting go

by rebelfighter 15 Replies latest jw friends

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

The big day is two days away when she will say "I Do". I knew this day would come someday but as a mom you just want to hold on even though I did everything to train her to be very independent. She has been making most of her own decisions since middle school.

She moved away 5 years ago but still was totally mine till 2 years ago when Mr. Wonderful appeared in her life. They picked the date for their wedding 10 months ago and both myself and fil stated that is still Hurricane season. Their reply: don't worry we will just have t-shirts made up "we survived A&C Hurricane Wedding".

Yes, their area was one of the hardest hit by the hurricane but the wedding is still on as planned. MIL & FIL home on a beach where homes are just washed away parts of the road is just washed away. The estimated damage on that island alone is 2 billion. Their home sustained minimal damage and they finally got electicity on Wednesday. The grandparents home out in the country where the wedding is to take place only had down trees and lost power for 3 days.

I have made all of the silk flowers for her wedding, (arrangements, bridesmaid bouquets and her orchid bouquet). She has seen pics of all but hers that is to be shared in a private moment for mom and daughter.

Then the big step will be at 2 pm Saturday when MOM gets to walk her down the aisle because as she said You raised me Mom you were both Mom and Dad. I will proudly walk her to him. And my best girlfriend will perform the ceremony, she is an ordained minister.

She is 25 I guess it is time to let her go. But really I let my kids go be free years ago. They have always been free to make their own choices without my judgments.

• Saename
    Saename

Hope he really will be Mr. Wonderful :)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wishing you all a very happy and successful day!❤️

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Call me silly (but DON'T call me Shirley, that's another poster), but you don't sound that enthusiastic or happy for your daughter? I'm guessing "Mr. Wonderful" isn't all he's made out to be?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

WingCommander !!!! Get back to bomber command and stop being a Debbie downer!!

Enjoy your day Rebelfighter you've done your best for your girl now it's up to them! ( I've always found superglue on your dress works quite well if you change your mind!)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Call me silly (but DON'T call me Shirley, that's another poster), but you don't sound that enthusiastic or happy for your daughter? I'm guessing "Mr. Wonderful" isn't all he's made out to be?~ WC

I don't see any negativity other than the comments about the hurricane damage. (Glad to see that didn't disrupt wedding plans!)

1) Mom and daughter special plan for bouquet.

2) Mom walking daughter down the aisle because daughter acknowledges Mom as "Mom & Dad".

3) Mom's best friend performs wedding. (Happily not a JW boring wedding talk!)

WC, if you see everything else in your life just as "negative" as you see this post, your life must suck!

"Destination Weddings" are the best! Typically, the weather is beautiful after the storm.

A toast to the newly weds! . . . . . . . (I don't see champagne glasses for an option.) . . . . Doc

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

WingCommander,

I am a mom, she is 25 she is still and always will be my baby!!! And she knows it. On her 25th birthday we did not tell her I was going to drive 4 hrs to take her to breakfast. Her boyfriend told her he left his wallet in the car go get it. We are going down there in a minute to leave for breakfast anyway. No just go get it. As she is coming down the stairs. I KNOW THAT BUMPER! !! she starts bawling. By the time she reach me she was uncontrollable we just are that close. She stood there hugging me forever. I finally said ready for breakfast. Sure let me get A. He looked at her and said I am not going anywhere you are going with your mom it's been planned for weeks.

I am truly excited for her. It is that final letting go and she is grown up and ready to start her own family. Marriage is a big step.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Thank you all. My two 2 year old grand babies are helping me pack today. Yeap they are not much help. Lol. They unpack as I pack but it is always fun. My grandkids have already developed serious opinions on fashions.

• Bruisedandbleeding12
    Bruisedandbleeding12

Good luck on your happy day!!

• millie210
    millie210

What a good mom!

Enjoy the beauty of the moment and many good wishes to your lovely daughter on her big day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit