My JW boyfriend broke up with me

by DrunkinLove 24 Replies latest social relationships

• DrunkinLove
    DrunkinLove

I am so crushed right now. I have been dating a Witness for over a year now. We love each other so much. He was really kind and loving though i have to admit its so painful that our relationship was hidden and everything we do was done in secret. It was so hard because we cant do the normal stuff that normal people do. I am 25 and he is 29 and we were talking about the possibility of the future. I even ended up attending meetings just to understand his beliefs. Everything got messed up when his sister scanned through his phone and found out about us. His family didnt approved of me and will never accept me. His sister even messaged me with hurtful stuff like i am the worst person when i just loved his brother. Now we have no choice but to stop because he is getting disciplined and its just so painful 😭😭😭

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Not that uncommon of a scenario when dealing with JWS and their religion.

This religion does break up relationships, marriages and families.

You might be better off in the long run of things.

Personally I think this guy is a coward to let his family or bogus religion control him and effect your relationship between you two.

My mother was Catholic when she met my father who was Anglican, they married and stayed together happily for 55 years.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Sorry for your loss.

The primaty red flag warning that your relationship was doomed from the start was the fact that it had to be completely hidden from his family and his congregation.

Let me assure you however, that although it was inevitable, the discovery and resulting split in the long run is the best thing that could have happened.

Take care

• zeb
    zeb

Take note of the one who scanned over his phone.. this sort of controlling nosiness is quite common among sects where members get (imaginary) brownie points by seeking to know the personal bits of others lives.

I feel for you. As your relationship had to be hidden was a wake up call to you. The interference in your lives if it had gone ahead would not have stopped.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

The way his family has reacted to you is an example of what JWs are like. It hurts like hell now but you’ll realize it’s the best for you not to date someone in a cult, it doesn’t end well.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

All his life he has learnt to love other people (including the family) only conditionally. Only who is an active JW gets this conditional love.

It is then extremely difficult for him to show a person (you) real and unconditional love.

Typical for a dangerous sect.

• atomant
    atomant
    if l was you l would research the hell out of this site and then confront him with the evidence of how he is being conned by a sect religion.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Drunkinlove...are you male or female?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

DrunkinLove

Joined 8 hours ago

Is anything as pathetic as a lonely troll?

>sniff<, >sniff<, I'm all broken up!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

/\ same one as hobbitz?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit