New TV gadget

by Dagney 26 Replies latest jw friends

• justme
    justme

hey, another awesome series is called Wentworth, i am not usually one for series type shows but this one was so good, i actually watched the 1st season within a day and a half...it kept you coming back, you had to know what happens next, it was too good....give it try, after the 1st episode, it will bring you to the next..

here's the link if anyone is interested..

https://www.primewire.ag/tv-2739366-Wentworth

• Dagney
    Dagney
    Thank you for the suggestion justme. I added it to my list.
  • justme
    justme
    you're welcome Dagney, you will enjoy it if get a chance to check it out..
  • Dagney
    Dagney
    Good. The wrapping begins this weekend and I'll need something to help me keep put.
  • justme
    justme
    cool, enjoy :)
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am ready to dump my comcast cable and internet. I just spent all day trying to get Netflix on my kindle, which I have had done for years, it suddenly stopped working a few days ago. I talked to eight different people with no resolution. For as much as we pay, you should get decent customer service. I kept getting cut off without resolving the problem. Customer service is a joke. Unfortunately their internet service is hard to beat.

When we lived in Colorado I had Dish. I got them to cut it down to ten dollars a month for basic network shows. I just kept saying I didn't need tv at all, just turn it off, they didn't want to have to take the equipment back, so they offered me a deal. If you are willing to pay hardball, it's amazing what you can negotiate. Then when I moved they tried to tell me I had to take the box with me, as there was supposedly a two day wait after they cut off service before you can mail the box back. Right. So I said, fine, cut the service off today, I'll mail the box Tuesday. Then they admitted there actually was no two day wait. They were just gambling that you couldn't live without tv for two days so you would keep their old equipment and keep their service. I said there was no way I would use them again after lying to my face like that.

I've heard you can get decent signal here with an antenna, and it's hi def which I don't even have on comcast as they charge extra. I may try that out and see if it works.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Oh gosh...this internet thing.

You are right about Dish. I started live chat a few times, but had to stop because it was taking too long and I was at work. BUT, I received 3 different responses when asked for the "basic package." Finally, I got $19.99 plus the rent of the boxes, which prob still is too high, but the savings just with that is $81 a month. One step at a time. I'd like to try an indoor antenna. I bought an Amazon one for $15 I think, and want to try it out. Of course, there is no recording of shows, which is just a lazy convenience. If I can see what I want on the internet or Hulu...then boom! Done.

I do know people who switch companies for the best deal when the contract comes up or negotiates with price when they can. I just work so much I don't have the energy to deal with "service" companies. I just posted on FB that AT&T terminated a grandfathered plan my company was on and our bill went from $680 to $1800 in one month. That was a fun conversation. I got it down, and credits, but talked with several people and had to do the "please may I talk to a supervisor" routine. It's exhausting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit