Tanzania News Update

by mana11 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

It's like they're just up and abandoning certain areas. This doesn't seem temporary either. It's like they are accepting their current membership size and are hoping to just be able to sustain their main branches indefinitely.

I've heard many witnesses saying how smart these types of moves are as they are allowing more funds to go to what is important, the preaching work.

• mana11
    mana11

I appreciate your appreciation of my word depreach. . . . . .

Adding to OP

As far as i am aware building of additional Kingdom halls has stopped.

As for contributions for a typical congregation monthly it would be around tsh100,000 = about usd$47 if they are lucky.

#BestResultsEver

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I knew a young couple from Europe who went out there on the International Construction Team to help build that Branch/Bethel.

I wonder what they think now ??? they have no home or jobs to return to in Europe, just charity from fellow JW's.

• freddo
    freddo

Now that the org is much more heavily dependent on jaydubyadotorg would it be relatively inexpensive for a group of branch heavies and wealthy locals to go independent if their branch got closed?

When Ray Franz was ousted the only knock on effect whisper I heard in the UK at the time was that "there was trouble in Ireland" and that branch committee members were removed.

Back then in the early 1980's it would have been cost prohibitive to independently print and reach all the congregations in the territory but now an alternative focal group could be set up and run through a website from a small set of offices. All the contact KH addresses could be got from the branch's own files or just jwdotorg and in some countries charity commissions would show elders contacts.

Ah ... a chap can dream.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    The ''preaching work'' has always been the Borg's trademark. By sending home BetHellites back to the ''field'', the rank and file just lap it up as the ''end is almost hear''. Which in fact the Borg is merely just cutting-back on expenses. To be more profitable.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I think their done, with any and all preaching and expansion in any country where theres no money to be made. If that country grows on it's own then fine, but they will also have to pay for KHs on their own too. There's no money in mud huts.
  • flipper
    flipper

MANA 11- This is exceedingly interesting to me as I have a niece and her husband who have been JW missionaries in Tanzania for about 10 years or more now. So you are saying that ALL the missionaries have been sent back to their respective home countries then ? When did this occur approximately ? I'll have to ask my JW sister whose daughter( my niece the missionary ) is. Of course- that may be somewhat difficult as my older JW sister has shunned me for years and won't talk to me. AS has my missionary niece who has shunned me for 20 years or so.

That being said if this change causes my niece and/or her husband to open their eyes to TTATT - all will be forgiven and I'll be there for her. I have a request MANA - if you would kindly PM me the names of some of the missionaries you might know over in Tanzania - I will let you know which one is my niece and her husband and perhaps you can let me know what their fate was or is. Thanks a bunch. Keep up the good work my friend, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    I am curious too, as my family friend is at a branch in Africa ( not Tanzania). There is a cutback there, but not nearly as extreme as the OP.
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    Wow! Thank you very much. This is getting really interesting. I can't wait to see what the next year is going to bring.
  • steve2
    steve2
    To be fair, from the "brothers and sisters" point of view, this would be akin, not to abandonment but to entrusting the field to the indigenous peoples to carry on, no?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit