WHY APOSTASY IS DOOMED TO FAILURE!!!

by You Know 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

YK,

I must say I'm amused, viewing things with the grain of salt in the way I often do! What is your purpose out here? (Sorry, I never posted at H2O, so I don't know your background.)

I don't think it's fair to paint all ex-JW's out here as "apostates". Many were just discouraged by the unloving (or "conditionally loving") treatment received in the organization, others just saw the same errors that you saw and could not conscientiously go on devoting all their time & energy to recruiting individuals into such an atmosphere.

I must ask you about this quote.

Apostates on the other hand, are induced to embrace such error as a pretext for leaving and persecuting their family and friends. The Devil in affect gives them a club with which to whack their brothers, which of course they gladly wield.
    Excuse me, YK, who is persecuting whom? You come into this forum, and post two HUGE essays railing against people who exercise their freedom of choice and left. Pointing out the errors of the organization from the outside, by the way, is not persecution. Any JW's who think so have a "persecution complex". Persecution involves "harrassing in a manner designed to injure, grieve or afflict". Merely pointing out error does not meet that standard.

But you come in here and threaten the wrath of God upon all those whom you feel are out of line with your view of how Jehovah operates.

And what puzzles me further is your insistence that it is not Jehovah who will bring the death of the vast majority of billions at the war of Armageddon, but mankind itself. That isn't what I remember the Watchtower teaching. Jesus takes the grand offensive against his enemies in the book of Revelation! Also, Revelation 16:14 calls Armageddon "the war of the great day of God the Almighty". This has been explained as, simply put, GOD (on one side), and WICKED MANKIND (on the other side).

So to explain it a different way, as you do, makes you an apostate too!

Welcome to the club!

Gopher

• Scarlet Pimpernel
    Scarlet Pimpernel

You Know Your picture indicates that you are one eyed.

• Faraon
    Faraon
    Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
    Ezekiel 4:12 barley-cake thou dost eat it, and it with dung -- the filth of man -- thou dost bake before their eyes.

Questions:
    Do third world countries also use human excrement as fuel for cooking their meals?
    Wasn't there any other fuel source?

JRP

• Camay
    Camay

You Know,

I do not believe you are a JW. I think you are somebody that
    is crying out.

I have a boyfriend that is a JW and he would NEVER even post
    anything on this board. I dont understand what you are attempting
    to accomplish here. Why not get out and do some field service
    instead of posting messages that are WAY to long.

No one cares what you have to say, so why not save it for
    other people who might actually listen and try to see your
    point of view.

God be with you. And may he have mercy on your soul.

• Jigrigger
    Jigrigger

Hi You Know,

You said: "It is generally just the interpretaion of prophecies
    that have gotten them in trouble."

Not really. What has gotten them into trouble is claiming to speak
    for God. That includes basic doctrine as well as prophecy.

Jigrigger

• You Know
    You Know
    I do not believe you are a JW. I think you are somebody that is crying out.

Did you never read where Samson cavorted with the Philistines as a pretext for making war with them? I just consider this a little foray behind enemy lines, that's all.

I have a boyfriend that is a JW and he would NEVER even post
    anything on this board. I dont understand what you are attempting
    to accomplish here.

Let me get this straight, you are not one of Jehovah's Witnesses, but your boy friend is? He wouldn't dream of defending his faith in a forum like this but he will violate one of the very fundamentals of our faith by having romatic relations with an unbeliever? I don't get it.

No one cares what you have to say, so why not save it for other people who might actually listen and try to see your point of view.

Then why did you read what I wrote and bother to respond? / You Know
  • trevor
    trevor

Java,

They say a picture paints a thousand words I thought your
    posting was great.

To - You Know,

Are you, by any chance, from the tribe of HUAB?
    (Head up a... brigade)

Trevor

'I was an oak, now I'm a willow I can bend.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit