Kitty Litter Cake

by Lady Lee 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The perfect Halloween cake

Kitty Litter Cake Serving Size: 24

Notes:
    This is a fun cake! It might look gross, but it does taste good!

Ingredients:
    1 (18 oz.) box spice or german chocolate cake mix
    1 (18 oz.) box white cake mix
    1 pkg. white sandwich cookies
    1 large box vanilla instant pudding mix
    12 small tootsie rolls
    1 litter box (preferably a NEW one!)
    1 plastic scoop
    green food coloring

Preparation:
    Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans). Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble. Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in blender, they tend to stick, so scrape often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix using a fork or shake in a jar.
    When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. You probably won't need all of the pudding, mix with the cake and "feel" it, you don't want it soggy, just moist; gently combine. Put mixture into clean litter box.

Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls and bury in mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top, this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter. Heat remaining Tootsie Rolls, three at a time in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around. Serve with a new pooper scooper.

http://www.kidskuisine.com/asp/recipe.asp?recipe=104

in case it doesn't show up

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

That looks just like my cat's box.....Ewwww.....

I may offer my kitty's box and tell people it is cake....

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oh god I can just imagine have some teenager's halloween party a nd serving this

umm Someone just sent this to me This is NOT the kind of recipe in the JWD cookbooks

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

mental note... don't eat anything made by teenyuck that smells like ammonia.

• c5
    c5

Lady Lee,

I have had this recipie for a couple years now and it is always a hit at work pot-lucks, family reunions, and special occasions! I even made it for my kitties birthday one time, lol! Needless to say, they were not happy bout the cake, but they did like the cat treats I bought them.

As an added bonus, I use both the BIG tootsie rolls and the little ones. You can get really creative in shaping them!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

well c5 thanks for the testimonial.

Glad to know it is a hit

I have sent it to some friends who I thought would appreciate it

Still laughing at doc's post

• obiwan
    obiwan

This is going to work, it will be a huge hit. I'll have people from all over the shop stopping by to see this!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

yea but will they taste it?

• obiwan
    obiwan

See, that's where the good part comes in. You start eating it in front of them, the tootsie roll first! I think I'll go a step further and take one of the tootsie rolls and put a paw print in it, sorta like a cat stepped on it!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

obi You are one siiiiiiiick fella

rotflmho

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit