Another generation....

by joey jojo 241 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Fisherman I don't see it's about timing. Maybe it is for some. I find it is about faith.

The apostle Paul in Romans 10 is talking about what is written about the Servant in Isaiah 52/53 and how it had come true in Jesus Christ. His resurrection and glorification in heaven was good news.

These scriptures were linked to the good news preached by JW as I believe I have shown from the quotes I have posted. Paul talked of faith. I showed a quote where faith in the assured expectations of the beginnings of a restored paradise with in the generation of grandfather. My father was told the tribulation had started in 1914 and he had come out of it, from what I read in the paradise book. Therefore he could not die of old age. I showed how it appeared to me that the preaching of 'millions now living will never die' seemed to be alive in the 1960's as there were over a million witnesses, many alive from those early days including the ones that studied with my parents and who said according to my brother how it was impossible for him or my parents to die of old age. Faith I believe.

Paul in 1 Corinthians 15 talks of the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the benefits, as the book I quoted from early says,

So much depended upon Messiah's resurrection, and the apostle Paul had suffered so much persecution for preaching it, that if Paul were a liar, then, as he wrote...

and Paul said "we are of all men most to be pitied"

again this was tied to the generation teaching.

Having had what the apostle Paul said regarding the resurrection of Christ tied to the generation teaching that in my opinion failed. I think it could cast a shadow over what Paul said.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

No, the wt responds to respectful letters containing academic questions

By the way I wrote a respectful letter. I don't know how academic it was but I received no response. I had to chase the elders who had heard back without telling me for 7 months before they responded. 9 months from my posting the letter.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    They claim that its the holy spirit poured out in the time of the end that causes them to prophesy.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Prologos, your passing away of generation perspective entriched my whole view of the prophecy because it adds another possible limiting factor to its fulfillment. I had never thought in those terms before but always asunmed that "will not pass away" only meant that the related entity (generation) would not die of old age, but your dimenson puts another spin on it.

I never knew your position on the Bible, etc until now as you reveal it in your post Now I know where you stand.

I can say with certainty that God exists, angels, and that there is something more than scientific realism I can also say with certainty if I was testifying in Court that God's Holy spirit is operative on the wt, preaching etc. I have not seen that on any other entity except in connection with JW.

What everything means in terms of Paradise earth, the anointed, 1914 what I will experience if die, , the Bible, etc. are only conclusions, beliefs from interpretations. I figure that WT theology is correct in doctrine and substance and since they candidly admit that God does not communicate with wt as he spoke with Moses for example or how Jesus spoke with his Apostles, wt interpretations are not certain. But since God's HS points to the wt, I must go along with it and that is my position. Inspite of that, one cannot go around teaching that the universe is 7000 years old or that God created the universe in 7 x 1000 year long days(including his sabbath) in light of the facts that it is billions of years old. And that is what this discussion is about and my posts are from such position. Beliefs must have a basis, they do not stand on their own and they should not contradict.

I was speaking to someone trying to dictate his beliefs to me and he told me that Adan and Eve were in heaven. I said: "You mean they got animals in heaven?" He said; "No, why do ask?".........pointless. And some people just want to win an argument. An academic, forensic discussion is not about that or resorting to God told me so, anyone can make that claim, I know.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    UC, I feel what you are saying. But what the Bible promises does not depend on the wt conclusions. IT is God that has made those promises and he could have done so after Jesus paid the price. Why drag it out so long? People are still paying the price. Seems like a contradiction, seems unjust. Anyway, God has his price, everything after that is just timing. Now it is up to God to keep his word and he can if he wants to at any time after the ransom was paid, even when your dad was alive and even in your time or later on. Jw highlight what God has promised. But it is up to God to do it. Not wt.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Fisherman you say what God promises. As the Watchtower has been wrong. Why are they correct on the Trinity could this also be changed as they are not inspired?

when my father was called on the message was also a judgement message based on Revelation and the angel in midheaven. Part of the message my father received was wrong. What about the other part?

when the last elder witness came to my door with the same message. As witnesses and I question him on 1914 he says it doesn't matter if it was 1914 however he is really standing there as a witness with a judgement message against members if my family that would ably disagree with him about the trinity

• prologos
    prologos

Fisherman: "-- But since God's HS points to the wt, I must go along with it and that is my position. Inspite of that, one cannot go around teaching that--" If you still go form H2H, you are teaching that though, including the overlapping group anointed generation to last possibly to 2075. We went to the doors with the premise, that we are right, and the householder is wrong. well look back to the "superior Authority" fiasko.just as one example. 

Of course wt writer want to make sense of it all, score any hit like they did in 1914, although except the date, everything was wrong. so did early bible writers, guessing how creatin works, no help from the creator or His Spirit whatsoever. so, TD has a point, there always are generations coming and going. Look to science what it generates in the generations to come.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Timing? My father ran out of time after he was told by the people who were acting as witnesses that it was impossible for him to do so. They were backed by God acting as his mouthpiece or am I wrong?

the funny thing is his salvation depend on his preaching this to others. Not his acceptance of the apostles good news

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

UC, as I pointed out to you in my previous post, it ain't about the watchtower, like your dad, myself and other JW and hopefully you and Prologos ,we hold God to his promise in the Bible, We don't blame the wt because it ain't happened. "Let your kingdom come." no?

UC holds the wt to its litterature, jw ask God to act, not blame the wt because he hasn't., it is his move now. not the wt. All featiured of the sign of 1914 including the preaching -whether or not the preaching was and intentional fulfilment of Bible prophesy -Math 26:54- have happened. Only thing that is missing is the disgusting thing. Jw have run out of dates. My heart goes out to you UC, maybe your father will rejoice if you live through it instead of him.

JW are all in- win or loose. Can you imagine the humiliation and defeat if wt looses? But if they if they win.......I do not think that jw enemies should expect any mercy from God -at least that is what the wt teaches.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Lol!!! Peter was addressing the naysayers making fun of real Christians being able to speak in the languages of the many visitors after receiving the Holy Spirit at Pentacost. It was for right then and right there where it was being fulfilled.

The last days he was talking about were those of his time.

As of yet, no JW/GB has prophesied anything correct, ever. Ever!

So how many people on earth had never heard of Jesus Christ by the 1800s??? Get real, the "preaching work" and the Good News of Christ was known worldwide for Centuries before the US existed. Russell and everyone else was waiting for the "rapture". They already knew who Jesus Christ was and what he offers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit