JWs Don't Really Believe This Scripture...

by JW_Rogue 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

So the bible says this about God at Rom 1:20 For his invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable.

However, JWs don't really believe this scripture to be true. Whenever something comes out about nature that they don't like they will instead say that it is due to imperfection. Animals are predatory and will kill to survive, well, that must be imperfection. Tiny bacteria and viruses can easily kill thousands of people, well, that must be imperfection. Natural disasters like floods, earthquakes and hurricanes occur regularly, well, that must be imperfection. Homosexuality is a product of genetics, well, that must be imperfection. If we really believe this scripture than we must take it for what it says and not try to make excuses for God. We must look at how things really are and decide what kind of qualities it really shows about God (or if he even exists).

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    That's a really good point. They'll talk about god having a sense of humor (duck-billed platypus) or being loving because animals take care of their young, but they never talk about animals that eat their young or predation.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ JW_Rogue...

When you've reached the point where you've played the "imperfection card" that much...

...you've stretched credibility so far past the breaking point, you can barely remember what it looked like. :smirk:

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Well Jws will say that animals that eat their own or other animals got that way because of Satan. Of course there's still no such thing as evolution so they say. And they don't realize that nowhere in the Bible is Satan credited for creating anything.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    JW's always blame something out of the ordinary as ''imperfection''. Kind of like a ''get out of jail card''.
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

I just read the entire 1st chapter of romans. and what I see, is despite the claim that Jesus died so that sins would be forgiven. this is a chapter warning people in verse,5, to come under law or else..

5. is Through him we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from[c] faith for his name’s sake. 6 And you also are among those Gentiles who are called to belong to Jesus Christ.

this is the proof that the 'gentiles' are still viewed as sinful, and need to 'come [be obedient] to the true god and JOIN the faith of those under the law of Israel. paul was under that old law, and taught as such.

verse 18 paul starts a long winded reminder of how evil these people are....and that gods wrath is on them.

where is the forgiveness for being born in sin ?[ I dont see anywhere here from this letter that would harmonize with the idea that jesus died for sins ]

verse 20 to me, paul is saying that if they can see all the creation, and benefit from it, then they have no excuse for being led to be 'sinful' and need to come under law to be made 'perfect'. [naturally a mans reasoning here]

in fact verse 18 says
    18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness

so all those things GOD does on purpose, to sinful humans? so funny to 'suppress truth' by the 'wickedness' to me means they deny that belief system and so they are the evil ones. same old argument.

then in chapter 2 it says this in vs 9
    9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

Always first to the jew then the gentile, but god shows no favoritism? how so? if he just said in the last chapter that God gave them UP?

Ill honestly say, I have never heard anyone in my lifetime, express the idea that nature was ever imperfect. its only humans that are imperfect.

my mom still holds to the thought that Satan has creative powers, because there is no need for any creatures on earth to be sucking blood, and spreading disease, since blood is sacred to god, [so they are Satan's creations] and any creation that is ugly and dangerous and will kill a human with one bite is a creation of satan.

here is how an explanation would go from my family and those others I was exposed to...

Lets say there was a conversation about how animals kill for food, well, thats because this was gods way of keeping the population in check,and for food, its a perfect creation. no imperfection in the animal world as far as these ones are concerned. God has a sense of humor to create so many interesting and funny animals all for our enjoyment.

Now i do agree with the logic, the reason for bacteria killing off people? plague, for example, yes imperfection on the human end of things, my mom would say...

'well those people were not careful and clean, and they had weak immune systems, imperfection due to their being born in a sinful state, soon that will all be fixed..' bla bla bla.

natural disasters these days of course , are blamed on imperfect men and their mismanagement of the earth.. ..he will bring to ruin, those who ruin the earth

and homosexuality to my mom, and most of the ones I have known, say it is sin and imperfection, and not a result of genetics. its evil selfish satanic influence, lol. she would never entertain the idea that a child could ever have homosexual leanings, they all think that only an adult makes the choice to become gay because they have warped sexual desires. [oddly, they have no logical explanation as to why that would be the case that a person would choose to have sex with a man rather than a woman, if the end result is the same..... orgasm, lol.]

• Vidiot
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Lets say there was a conversation about how animals kill for food, well, thats because this was gods way of keeping the population in check,and for food, its a perfect creation. no imperfection in the animal world as far as these ones are concerned.

Most JWs don't say this because they believe the ridiculous notion that all animals will be herbivores in the Paradise. Some even say that animals became predatory because humans started hunting them. Which really makes no sense and doesn't account for biological differences between predatory animals and herbivores.

Now i do agree with the logic, the reason for bacteria killing off people? plague, for example, yes imperfection on the human end of things, my mom would say...
    'well those people were not careful and clean, and they had weak immune systems, imperfection due to their being born in a sinful state, soon that will all be fixed..' bla bla bla.

But why create such horrid diseases in the first place?

natural disasters these days of course , are blamed on imperfect men and their mismanagement of the earth.. ..he will bring to ruin, those who ruin the earth

I have heard this explanation and it such B.S. natural disasters have been happening since the beginning of time. Many disasters are just a by product of natural processes that keep the Earth going.

she would never entertain the idea that a child could ever have homosexual leanings, they all think that only an adult makes the choice to become gay because they have warped sexual desires.

That's what they used to say but I have heard some new ideas lately in public talks about this. They now say that a person may not be able to change their tendencies and attractions but can control their actions. They have not come right out and said it but they are implying it could be from birth.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Well Jehoober has complete disdain for animals. He was ok with killing 99.99 percent of them in order to kill a small population of humans.

Then somehow, he decides or allows for animals to start eating each other. And finally for the icing on the cake, he tells the very one specie that screwed up, that they can go kill and eat all of the other species that did nothing wrong.

This sounds like someone that likes animals?
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

Yes, What does "creation" REALLY tell us about the "creator"?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit