Watchtower (Study) August 2023 gaslighting and deflecting again.

by was a new boy 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Masters of deflection.

Blaming others for putting too much stock in their expectations. Talking to people like they're idiots.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Beth Sarim: life forever on hold.

And that is what is so tragic about it. My mother is a very smart and ambitious person, and she basically stopped living in the early 1970s because she was waiting for the end. She is in her mid-80s now, and still waiting for an end that she insists is "very close" and "right around the corner," etc.

If the WTS had said in 1975, "the end is very close, and by close we mean at least 48 years away," I bet she would not be a JW today.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Whether you believe Scripture or not, It does say 'no one knows the day or hour', or words to that effect.

The Governing Body(tm)(Pee be upon them), have relentlessly told the r&f(tm) that we are in the 'final part of the final part of the last days(tm)' and other such predictive platitudes. They ramp up the fear and guilt so that they can get money, power and protect their like minded Rolf Harris/ Gary Glitter class.

More evidence that it's just a big business posing as a religion.

CULT!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Fear.

How do you manipulate people is by fear tactics

Those creepy cringe videos manipulating people with their thoughts and emotions. And dreaded music videos.

They rely on born-ins who are the most vulnerable

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

And

TonusOH

1975 long and long ago.

When the Borg always says "end is nigh"" repeatedly over the decades. The sheeple are always programmed to believe the ''end'' is no more than 2 or 3 years away,,,,at any given time.

Before you know 2-3 years,,then 2-3 years then decades pass by without you even realizing it.

Life passed-by not prepared for late life and retirement.

With the Borg reaping the benefits.

That is why these groups HAVE to be shut-down.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Again passing blame on the rank and file.

Time and time again, WT has committed this same action regarding 1975! The talks--one, in particular, I remember given by Freddie Franz (GB1.0)--accused the R&F of "wanting the end to come in 1975 and the followers being presumptuous"! "You wanted it to come with soooo much anxiety instead of waiting on Jehovah, Our God, for guidance!" and similar remarks very loudly/ audibly announced from the podium at a number of DCs (now called RCs). WT was the one who made that infamous faux pas; so after nothing happened, they passed the buck to the membership instead. #USUALTACTIC! 🤨

• LostintheFog1999
    LostintheFog1999

Putting things off until the New World arrives.

I still hear ones I grew up with in the congregation who were older than me by a couple of decades saying "I will learn to play the guitar and the piano in the NW." "I can't wait to learn to paint in the NW."

And I keep wanting to scream at them, "FFS what is/was stopping you from doing it now!?"

Of course, their answer would be"Now is the time for us to store up our treasure in heaven."

Makes me want to 🤮🤮

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

There is a great awakening happening in Watchtower Land. Alot of Pimo's and Pimoq's. Watchtower is in Damage Control! But it is alittle too late.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The internet is the great 'equalizer'

Foolednomore,,,they were saying this on the six screens recently.

Information is bubbling up,,like bubbles in quicksand or something, Information is power, ,knowledge.

Like I was saying on another thread. The Borg is pooched.

The last 20 years has been a nightmare for the Borg. The information is out, there is nothing the Borg can do. They are screwed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit