Watchtower (Study) August 2023 gaslighting and deflecting again.

by was a new boy 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

p 24

'They turn the story around to make it seem like you are at fault, deflecting attention and blame away from them to make you feel guilty. This type of emotional manipulation is called gaslighting.

Deflection is manipulation, and if it's coupled with other toxic relationship behaviors, it may be necessary to remove yourself from the situation.'

They don't want to be reminded 'the expectations' were theirs to begin with.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Again passing blame on the rank and file.

After years of having last days,last days,, last days pounded in their heads for decades!!

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    Their book, Life Everlasting—In Freedom of the Sons of God, (Not You) pointed to 1975, and that's what got 'expectations' rolling.

• St George of England
    St George of England

My parents were baptised in the 1940's. They were told that little George would not have to go to school in this old system. Well little George did go to school, went to Uni, went to work, got married, retired and before much longer will probably die in this old system. Just like countless thousands of others.

George

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Rutherford had an assembly talk in circa 1940 ,,,had all the young ones gather at the front of the stage advising them to never marry or have kids.

But only to serve the Borg,,, I mean,, WT,,,I mean Jah.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WAS A NEW BOY:

I believe this is obviously directed at the older people in the congregations (Baby Boomers and maybe the few older people there).. I’m Glad I left years ago.

These Witnesses have been waiting forever for ‘the New System’.. Some of them, sadly, sacrificed so much needlessly maybe not getting that decent job and struggling now financially in their senior years!

It was drilled into their heads to be in constant expectation of the ‘End’. To add insult to injury, many thought that the Covid pandemic was ‘it’. They feel let down because it was not. Now it seems the religion wants to readjust their thinking making them feel their expectations aren’t ‘right’. Well, where did they get these expectations from??

ST GEORGE OF ENGLAND:

I am Glad that you did get to do the normal things you did (university, retirement, etc.). Just imagine the many thousands of JWs who didn’t. They are sitting in congregations growing old waiting for the ‘new world’ in order to live. Doesn’t seem natural, does it.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Longhaired nailed it.

''It"' will always be close.

• Biahi
    Biahi

My mom was one of those kids, BethSarim. She is almost 87, waiting to learn how to play piano in the “new system.” 😢 I was never allowed to develop my interests, either.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yea,,, life forever on hold.

Before you know you're lying there in hospice care,,,,life passed by realizing when its too tooo late.

Wake up lurking dubba dubs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

All the above comments are so very true. I am one of those baby boomers who learned it young and believed for too many years . Now I am forever linked because of family but at least I have my own mind.

They are the masters of deflection and wriggling out of responsibility for their errors. Remember Tony Morris sneering at those of us who believed that kids of the 60s /70s would never grow old in this system... Good riddance to him .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit