Britney Spears Likes George Bush!!

by teenyuck 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Vita Nuova
    Vita Nuova

"So, if they agree with the prez and his reckless foreign policy, they can speak out, otherwise, they should just stick to acting/singing or whatever they do? What country do you live in? Obviously not the USA with first ammendment rights."

This is what the First Amendment states: Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech.

This is not what the First Amendment states: Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech, excepting the consequences thereof.

That's right, consequences. So whether you agree or disagree with the President of the United States of America, or anyone, you can speak out, sure. But when you say something to the effect of, "Screw the fans that made it possible for us to stuff our panties with wads of sweet crazy money!" then you should accept the consequences of their freedom to soak those dollar bills in hot sauce and then watch you squirm like a mouse in a microwave. And yes, you do have the freedom of speech to shriek bloody murder, but only because the chemical reaction of hot sauce and your present yeast infection are killing you in the worst possible way, not because the fans exercised their freedoms just as well as you did. I guess what I'm saying between all the allegory and hyperbole is that celebrities do indeed have the freedom of speech. But when asserting that freedom, that person is accepting the responsibility that is inherent to freedom, that includes bearing the consequences. The issue isn't freedom of speech then, it's having the smallest shred of wisdom on when to open your mouth and when not to. And accepting the consequences rather than splaying your airbrushed asses on the cover of a magazine as if you were a victim of anything other than your own unmitigated ignorance.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

can I get you a spittle cup?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Good Lord! She sounds like a JW waiting on new light.

I would be concerned by her reasoning if I didn't think that this is all a publicity ploy and has nothing to do with the prez.

Robyn

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Rob I think she's cute as can be. I think she's talented. I think she's as dumb as a box of rocks. Not because of her opinion, just because. I doubt she had enough sense to think of it as a publicity ploy. In fact if she had asked her handlers how to support Bush I'm sure they could have written her something that made sense.

Well just because she supports "my guy" doesn't make her any brighter than a liberal who supports Dean in my eyes. She's just another entertainer who thinks their opinion means something.

• jwbot
    jwbot

Stacy, come to my university. There are a lot from every group here, a lot of religions and all sides of the political spectrum. Sure we all get a little heated in the online forums for the university, but never have I heard of someone not accepting the other practicing their right to free speech. I would like to think the school you attend is an odd one. I would hope anyway.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    I think she's as dumb as a box of rocks.

....which is why she's endorsing Bush for re-election. I mean, if I was that dumb, and I saw my president drop his dog on its head, I'd endorse him, too!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Stacy, it doesn't matter if Britney is dumb as a box of rocks or not. All that matters is that she has business savy. She is successful and this proves that she knows how to market herself. Britney is in show business. All show business people want publicity. And that is the real truth.

Robyn

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    She is successful and this proves that she knows how to market herself.

So then, Britney herself is responsible for those dozens of "See Nude Photos of Britney Spears" spam emails I receive each week.

GRRRR!!!!

• Robdar
    Robdar

LOL SFJim...it wouldn't surprise me.

• jelly
    jelly

JWbot, you cant be from california. Where Bush stickers get you car windows smashed by the 'tolerant' left.

Terry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit