Britney Spears Likes George Bush!!

by teenyuck 39 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

I think it is interesting to hear a entertainer actually say something positive. Though her opinion and all other entertainers opinions really don't matter any more than any of ours.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    Also we don't really know what Britney actually said. The news media makes up enough on their own or twists words around so that we can't tell for sure what she said. Maybe she said that, maybe not.

well, the interviews was recorded....i saw her say at least some of that before getting bored and flipping channels. didn't look edited to me, but then what do i know.

think it is interesting to hear a entertainer actually say something positive.

you'd think so...it came off as so vapid it wasn't even interesting in my opinion

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    well, the interviews was recorded....i saw her say at least some of that before getting bored and flipping channels. didn't look edited to me, but then what do i know.

well if you saw it then you saw it. I doubt they edited anything.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

yawn to the whole thing, i say. i didn't mean to sound like i was picking on the poor girl. i sympathize, honest.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Stacy,

"I have been spit on, yelled at and threatened with physical harm because of my beliefs. I don't shout them either, I just voice them. It would be soooooo easy to switch teams."

You shouldn't switch teams because of peer pressure. It's important to stick to your beliefs unless proven wrong. As long as you are willing to be open minded enough to allow criticism of your beliefs you are okay in my book. Other people treating you that way because of your opinions is very immature and shallow and does their case NO good.

I don't like Britney much. I also don't think it's a big deal that she supports the Pres. To each their own.

~Aztec

• Matty
    Matty

Spot on Aztec, wise words. People should always respect others of different political persuasions, it seems such a basic courtesy but it is so often sadly ignored.

However if people who have an opposing political view also are extremely badly behaved, that really doesn’t give any particular validity to an argument that they are wrong in their views. People are mean to Jehovah's Witnesses and treat them badly - the Witnesses then seem to think that this is a sign that they have the true belief. Both left and right wingers fall into this trap, insulting each other, and pointing to each others rudeness as some kind of validation of their opposing political views.

• jws
    jws
    But the difference between her and the Dixie Chix is that she didn't go out of her way to assert an opinion on President G.W. Bush, negative or positive. It seems here she was asked a question and she simply answered it. She has no reason to believe that she would be alienating her fan-base. Not so with the Chix, who displayed utter naivete on the repercussions of their initial words, their impudent defiance in the face of their fan-base in appearing as nude martyrs on a magazine cover, and now making a deliberate break with country music scene like a bunch of sore losers.

I don't think she went out of her way. From what I remember, they were giving a concert in England, where the majority of people were against the war Bush was pushing for. All she said was she wasn't proud of him either. Big deal. So far as I heard, she didn't call him stupid or other names. It sounded like a simple, honest comment that was blown way out of proportion.

Maybe they broke from the country music scene because they found their fans to be a bunch of children brainwashed by patriotism and right-wing values. I'd say their fans were the losers, not the Dixie Chix.

They, like most celebrities who are not admired for their viewpoints on foreign policy, serve themselves best by just sticking to their day jobs.

So, if they agree with the prez and his reckless foreign policy, they can speak out, otherwise, they should just stick to acting/singing or whatever they do? What country do you live in? Obviously not the USA with first ammendment rights.

And what do you think of Schwarzenegger running for govenor of CA? If he's unqualified (and I don't see any other public offices on his resume), his incompetence could affect a lot of people. I think he should stick to his day job.

That's what gets me. The conservatives criticize famous people for expressing viewpoints they don't like. They insinuate they are unqualified to make such statements and are stupid and using poor judgement. Yet when another famous person supports their views or even runs for office, that's OK. They never say a word against that.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    All she said was she wasn't proud of him either.

She actually said "she was ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas."

I'd say their fans were the losers, not the Dixie Chix.

I'd say you are a loser if you don't know who pays the bills. Their fans pay the bills, they get to make the choices. They are chosing to support other entertainers. They forgot that they have a fanbase of redneck fans. They can say whatever they want in the privacy of their liberal hollywood friends but when they insult a President from Texas, they blew it.

And what do you think of Schwarzenegger running for govenor of CA? If he's unqualified (and I don't see any other public offices on his resume), his incompetence could affect a lot of people.

The incompetence of Davis has affected a lot of people. Whoever comes next will be looking pretty good. Oh and Arnold is a long ways from conservative in case you haven't noticed.

Aztec the campus liberals haven't made an effort to get me to change my views. They have simply attacked me. My mind is open but when all they offer are attacks like "war mongers" ... "Blow Bush Bitch" .... the list goes on and on ....

Yeah they've worked hard to change my mind all right. I won't support a cause that doesn't have any solutions other that "I Hate Bush".

I have a basic mistrust of government. So I certainly don't want a government run by liberals who wish to care for me from cradle to grave. I am working towards caring for myself without help from the government.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

I think the Prez is a cutie.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    She actually said "she was ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas."

I know alot of Texans who aren't ashamed that the president is from Texas, but the two people I know who've actually met the man, did express that they thought the guy wasn't really their idea of presidential material.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit