Britney Spears Likes George Bush!!

by teenyuck 39 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

She may have boobies; brains are another thing.....

Been meaning to post this for awhile....Simon, I know will appreciate that his goddess has a different opinion......

http://atheism.about.com/b/a/023941.htm

September 06, 2003

Britney Spears Likes George Bush
    Many actors and entertainers have been outspoken critics of President George Bush, but especially of his policies in the Middle East. Quite a few have openly condemned his invasion of Iraq and the subsequent occupation. That is not, however, true of all entertainers; Britney Spears, for example, has "faith" in him.

The Drudge Report recently carried a short exchange between Britney Spears and Tucker Carlson on CNN from Wednesday, September 3, 2003:

CARLSON: A lot of entertainers have come out against the war in Iraq. Have you?

SPEARS: Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision that he makes and we should just support that, you know, and be faithful in what happens.
    CARLSON: Do you trust this president?

SPEARS: Yes, I do.

CARLSON: Excellent.

Now, I don't wish to either condemn George Bush or Britney Spears' support of Bush - that isn't what I consider most relevant and interesting here. What is interesting is Britney Spears reason for supporting Bush. I don't believe it unreasonable to support him because of agreement with his policies or agreement with the idea of fostering democracy in the Middle East - such reasons might ultimately prove mistaken, but at least one can construct a rational argument around them.

But that's not the case with Britney Spears. No, she argues that we must have faith in our president. Whatever decision he makes, we "should just support that." Is that reasonable? No, it's not. One can argue that we should have a certain amount of trust in elected officials and not succumb constantly to cynicism, but simply having faith in whatever they do is another matter entirely.

We should be skeptical of political leaders - we shouldn't have faith in every salesman who comes along, we shouldn't have faith in every politician who comes along, and we shouldn't have faith in every religious figure who comes along. We should think for ourselves and it is irresponsible of Britney Spears to tell young people that it is better to be faithful than to be skeptical.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Wow!!! So Britney likes Bush and Madonna.

I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere.

• Simon
    Simon

Well, her sense of politics is a bit like her sense of dress.

She's still nice on the eyes though.

• Matty
    Matty

She sounds like someone who may very well be too fearful to utter any opinion other than blind support for the president for fear of being accused/abused/boycotted as many others have.

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

I guess Britney would make a good little jw, supporting her leaders and all, no matter what.Maybe Prince can go preach to her.

• Valis
    Valis
    Well, her sense of politics is a bit like her sense of dress

way too much clothing indeed...eheh

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i saw this interview. poor thing, what was she doing on cnn anyhow? it isn't her forte, and she knew it, and i honestly felt bad for her. i think she had no clue what to say, so she just said what sounded most acceptable to her.

she should either get an education before appearing on cnn again, or just stick to being cute.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

No much of an endorsement here. I guess her politics is like her choice of music, shallow.

Will

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    she should either get an education before appearing on cnn again, or just stick to being cute.

I agree!!

PS....with the education part....she would be even cuter if she showed a little brain....

• crownboy
    crownboy
    She sounds like someone who may very well be too fearful to utter any opinion other than blind support for the president for fear of being accused/abused/boycotted as many others have.

I agree with Matty. Britney Spears does not strike me as the most politically astute person, but even if she did have a well articulated position on Iraq, if that position happened to be one that expressed negative feelings toward the current administration, it would suprise me if she ever let that position be known.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit