Hello...

by Incognigo Montoya 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Welcome, I look forward to hearing from you more!

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Welcome I.M. to this fourm. I know all to well about lurking. I think I did it for about 2 years before coming on this site. Hope to hear your story and what woke you up. Some here had hard lives as jw's and others not so hard but all victims of a high control cult. Take care and enjoy your new freedom.. Still Totally ADD

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Hello and a warm welcome to the forum.

• zeb
    zeb

Warm welcome from here too. You will 'meet' as big a variety of folks here as you would anywhere with all our virtues and faults.

Live long and prosper in wisdom.

• LOLS
    LOLS

Hellooooo ....

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Welcome IM! A fan of the Princess Bride?

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

Thank you all for the welcome! ...almost like I walked into a KH, 😆

Vanderhoven714 hours ago

Welcome incognito

Sounds to me that you have managed to escape the trauma of being rejected and shunned by close friends and family members.

Thank you, Vanderhoven.

I have experienced shunning, as I was disfellowshipped for almost 12 years. I will say that while I still had contact with my immediate family, who are all still very much in, it was limited contact. Not frozen out and never spoken to again, but not the happy, loving, carefree family dynamic regular families have. I am not bitter about it, as i said previously, many have had it far worse than I. I rebuilt my life. Made new family and friends, and moved forward.

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

Xanthippe, yes! How could you tell? 😉

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I wonder 😏

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome Incognigo!

My wife and I left the JW's in the mid 1960's because of the ban on blood, Armageddon and a lack of faith for the made up Jehovah and what the WTBTS taught. In those days you were not shunned for dissociating.

There was a falling away in the 1960's so we were able to maintain a relationship with some of our friends who left.

We could and did speak with Family but that invisible 800 pound JW gorilla was always around. It always crept into just about every conversation.

We lived our lives and one day about 8 years ago I wanted to check out the number of JW's world wide and found two forums........ Freeminds and this one. It was like finding one's lost tribe. I could understand what everyone was talking about, the issues that were of concern and those still in who shared the latest information.

Thank you for showing up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit