what big change could bring down the watchtower?

by stan livedeath 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

what single big change do you think could back fire and bring the cult down ?

me: tithing.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

(1) Blood

(2) Shunning

(3) doctrinal

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

A meteor could fall on Warwick compound. But, they are like cockroaches, so that probably would give them adrenaline.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Mac, i am on record saying the rank and file would take a tithe and never blink once.

Shunning however.... that would signal their demise. Not because the rank and file would care but because without the hammer of shunning the cult falls apart.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

However BIG the change, there would still be devotees. A few may think and Exit.

Religion has the power to manipulate and "Make Believe" anything.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@Morpheus. do you suppose the great majority of dubs currently do donate regularly ?

do you think it would make a significant impact on those who either dont donate--or do give a very small amount---but were faced with a very hard sell to tithe, like--say 10%--?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I think many do not donate at all and would be shocked at the initial request but would quickly get over it. The gb would throw a little razzle dazzle ‘old testament principle’, mix in a little random quote or two from paul and boom! They would roll with it. Also when ive mentioned this (i believe its coming) ive said they wont call it a tithe specifically but thats what it will be.. hell the kh perpetual mortgage scam is a form of tithe as it is.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

When a religion can convince people that there is a God in the heavens, with myriads of angels, with heaven, Satan, afterlife, savior, redemption, resurrection, everlasting Life – all without providing a gist of evidence, why can’t they convince them with a regular tithing.

When parents are ready to let their children die due to some ignorant ancient manipulated scribbling, why wont they get convinced for any other changes from their religion

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

well--the cult has pretty well side stepped the blood issue now--i suppose it would be easy to let " up to the individuals' conscience " creep in and eventually the whole issue would just be "old light"

i agree if the cult watered down shunning it could backfire--gradually..

i wonder if the following could take place. the watchtower instruct all congregations to sell their hall if they own it--and merge with others in rented places..as it used to be in the UK when i was in it--the 60's.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Another date that would fail would be great.

Tithing - maybe. If they brought in outright blatant mandatory tithing like the Mormons have it'd cause a shake up im sure. Of course they'd dress it up nice and quote from the OT. Stephen Lett already said on JW Broadcasting to "honor Jehovah with your valuable things". So they could be preparing for this already.

Polygamy?

Dropping the 144,000 number would likely see a surge in people claiming they're anointed.

Getting rid of the elder arrangement and going back to one co-ordinator would outrage many elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit