Manipulative language

by Hendrixgrip 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hendrixgrip
    Hendrixgrip

Thanks Giordano. We are successfully faded. Haven’t stepped inside a KH for around 4 years and pretty well left alone. I talked to my wife about my feelings for a couple of years before she joined me on the outside. I worded it poorly, but my comments were intended to help someone who might be in the position I was in during the years I was trying to help her understand.

I’m about 90% indifferent to being DF’d. All of my wife’s family and most of mine came out with us.

Having said that, I do appreciTe the reminder.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Tex: Worst of all allowing the child abusers to remain inside for years

Worst of all is thinking that just booting out child abusers out of the so special jworg is the solution. What about how horrible it is to let an abuser loose in the community to harm more kids? Or is "keeping the org clean" the priority and forget about the rest of the world?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub
    Manipulative language

How about this one. "Almighty God"?

WOW he can't stop sickness, disease, poverty, crime, disaster, or any other thing that cause pain and misery for "his children" that he loves so much "that he sent is only begotten son"!

just saying!

• johnamos
    johnamos

Hendrixgrip - “We learned A last week, right? And we learned B this week, right? A and B seem to be in conflict with each other. Do you have any thoughts how I should explain this to the kids?”

That reminds me of a current question that I am attempting to ask an active JW elder...

[11 -1- 02 WT - In 1914 the prophetic words of Revelation 11:15 were fulfilled: [And the seventh angel blew his trumpet. And loud voices occurred in heaven, saying:] “The kingdom of the world did become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will rule as king forever and ever.”]

[7-15-51 WT- At this eventful time the seventh angel blows his trumpet, that is, after the 1,260 days ended in 1918. Then it is that these wonders can come to pass. “And the seventh angel blew his trumpet. And loud voices occurred in heaven saying: ‘The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will rule as king for ever and ever.’(Revelation 11:15)]

As you can see, Revelation 11:15 is cited in both and in the 02 WT it says it was fulfilled in 1914 but in the 51 WT it says it was fulfilled in 1918. Which of the two am I to believe?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

As you can see, Revelation 11:15 is cited in both and in the 02 WT it says it was fulfilled in 1914 but in the 51 WT it says it was fulfilled in 1918. Which of the two am I to believe?

Easy... BOTH, at the same exact time.

• johnamos
    johnamos

Yes, the mindset of these individuals probably would give that as an answer to avoid saying that their beloved GB/WTS is wrong on at least one of them.

But this one example can really show a lot to someone still in if they took the time to reason on it.

The 51 WT is correctly applied based on the fact that the trumpets are blown in chronological order and that the WTS teaches that the 1,260 days/42-months associated with the 6th trumpet/2nd woe were from Oct 1914 - April 1918…meaning that the Scriptures show that the 3rd woe/7th trumpet occurs AFTER the 2nd woe/42-months have ended as the 51 WT emphasizes.

The problem for them is that saying the 7th trumpet was blown in April 1918, breaks their connection of the 607-1914 nonsense.

But if they say that the 02 WT is correct because it states that the 7th trumpet was blown in Oct 1914, then it would need to be pointed out that since the Scriptures show that the 3rd woe/7th trumpet occurs AFTER the 2nd woe/42-months have ended, then the 42-months could not have been from Oct 1914 - April 1918 but instead would have to had been from April 1911 – Oct 1914.

So their problem would now be that they can’t point to anything that happen during April 1911 – Oct 1914 to say it fulfilled the 42-months of Rev 11:2,3, so then that would show that they can’t say the 7th trumpet blew in Oct 1914.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

johnamos ,if you had said that to me when I was still active I would have given you that deer in the headlight look .

The fact is most JW`s cant think or reason about scriptures , they have been conditioned to be mentally lazy about such things and leave it all up to the GB to tell them what to believe .

I have learnt more about what the Bible teaches and what it doesn`t teach on here than I ever learnt at a KH.

How they have the audacity to call baptized JW`s ministers of God is mind boggling .{ and that includes kids baptized }

• blondie
    blondie

JWs just parrot what the WTS says and prints. "The Watchtower says" or "the publication says" or "the Society teaches"

w98 3/15 18-19 Living Up to Christian Dedication in Freedom

4 In order to avoid misunderstandings, Jehovah's Witnesses try to be careful about how they express themselves. Instead of saying, "the Society teaches," many Witnesses prefer to use such expressions as, "the Bible says" or, "I understand the Bible to teach." In this way they emphasize the personal decision that each Witness has made in accepting Bible teachings and also avoid giving the false impression that Witnesses are somehow bound to the dictates of some religious sect.

• johnamos
    johnamos

Smiddy – “The fact is most JW`s cant think or reason about scriptures, they have been conditioned to be mentally lazy about such things and leave it all up to the GB to tell them what to believe.”

What you say is true but for PIMO JWs this is a way to speak to PIMI JWs. Being they do leave it up to the GB to tell them what to believe you have to stick with only what the WTS publications and Bibles say and only ask within the scope of “what should I believe/how should I understand this’ or “how do I explain this if I was ask such during a study/or my kids”, etc...

Another example:

[Isaiah’s Prophecy 1 – He says: “These nations will have to serve the king of Babylon seventy years.” (Jeremiah 25:8-17, 22, 27) True, the island-city of Tyre is not subject to Babylon for a full 70 years, since the Babylonian Empire falls in 539 B.C.E. Evidently, the 70 years represents the period of Babylonia’s greatest domination—when the Babylonian royal dynasty boasts of having lifted its throne even above “the stars of God.” (Isaiah 14:13) Different nations come under that domination at different times. But at the end of 70 years, that domination will crumble.]

[10-1-11 WT - According to secular chronology, the Babylonians dominated the land of ancient Judah and Jerusalem for some 70 years, from about 609 B.C.E. until 539 B.C.E. when the capital city of Babylon was captured.]

Is the Isaiah’s Prophecy book agreeing with secular chronology?

Or

[Jeremiah 25:12 “‘And it must occur that when seventy years have been fulfilled I shall call to account against the king of Babylon and against that nation,’ is the utterance of Jehovah,]

[11-15-98 WT – We know that Jehovah is the Great Timekeeper, and we have confidence that he never fails to fulfill his purposes at his appointed time.]

[8-1-81 WT- “The idol-worshiping Babylonians now were in line for God’s judgment to be executed upon them. That happened in 539 B.C.E. when Babylon was overthrown by the Medes and the Persians.”]

Jeremiah verse 12 says Jehovah called Babylon to account when 70 years were fulfilled. The 81 WT says Jehovah called Babylon to account in 539.Does that mean 539 is the 70th year? I know that the WTS teaches that 537 is the 70th year, does that mean 539 is the 68th year of those 70 years. Did Jehovah call Babylon to account when 70 years were fulfilled or 68 years?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The fact that the wt teaches and has people believing that the supposed "symbol of life", namely blood, is more important that life itself; illustrates pretty clearly how manipulative their language can be!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit