Intro

by jc1985 16 Replies latest jw friends

• jc1985
    jc1985

Hello all, many years I have been lurking on this site. Gradually I’ve learned the real truth, gone from serving as a servant and at bethel to inactive for almost a year, barely ever wasting time going to meetings. My family is large and very active and so is my wife’s so leaving altogether is difficult.

Though it seems now that everything is about to change. My wife has decided she no longer wants to be married. Sad as it is, it’s for the best I know, she still believes in it all, I have made it clear to her what I think about the cult. We both will be happier apart. Since I will not be talking to the elders I am sure that this will expose my fade, some difficult and lonely days will be coming as my wife leaves, and my friends and family cease contact. I can’t really even imagine yet how hard it will be but I hope I can keep my head above water and start a new life, free of this cruel and sad religion. Thank you all for your many posts over the years that myself and other have used to free ourselves and know we are not alone. I hope to post more in the future and get to know some who have gone through this struggle and come out the other side.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome to the forum. It's really sad to hear that your wife will put her religion ahead of her marriage. I wish you well for a happy future.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Welcome JC1985. I am assuming you do not have children. I certainly hope not. Good to know someone is being benefited by our conversations on here. "Lonely" will pass. You don't have to disfellowship you family, still love them. You just might find out who really believes the lie anymore. All the best, don't isolate yourself from people, internet people or people in real life. We are here to help.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Wow, I could have said welcome as well, but I see that you have been lurkng here for about 10 years and already posted back then. That's a long time ago and I feel a bit little now... nothing but respect for long time members.

But of course I truly feel sorry that you are in this current situation. It wasn't your choice to leave. Must be strange after having read so much info and personal experiences from others during all those years.

Yes, you WILL keep your head above the water. May your new life give you strenght and renewed energy and yes, this forum will always be there for advice, comfort, to vent......

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome to the posting side of the forum, welcome to your freedom. It will probably be hard and sad at times, but I like your attitude about it. And maybe you won't be shunned by everyone. Sometimes, we are surprised.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Thank you all for your many posts over the years that myself and other have used to free ourselves and know we are not alone. I hope to post more in the future and get to know some who have gone through this struggle and come out the other side.

Welcome. Seems like it's been quite a journey for you. I hope you see all this as a new beginning. Some endings, especially those of a marriage, may be difficult and painful. However, new doors always open.

Thank you for your post. If you have been lurking around, you can get a feel of how diverse we are in thought, stages of attachment/detachment from the WT, and in the place that we are in our lives.

Once again, thank you for posting.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

jc1985 Obviously lurking here for 10 years and posting a couple of times yourself you have made an informed decision to leave the JW`s

I`m sad to hear your wife is prepared to leave you over a religious issue ?

What does that say about the JW`s ?

The one word that comes to my mind is

CULT

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Welcome jc1985. Sorry you're going through a tough time. Keep talking and we'll help if we can.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

We all need friends. So do you upmost to join a club that you've always found interesting but never have the time to get involved in the past and make those human connections. Going to university is another option. It will be a bit strange being with 'worldly people' in the beginning but very quickly you'll see that most are non-judgemental and not as immoral as we've lead to believe.

no zombie

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Welcome to the OPEN forum jc1985.

Sad that your "Christian" wife no longer wants to be married to you. Clearly she feels that her "spiritual endangerment" (non-Biblical phrase!) overrides 1 Corinthians 7:13, 14 - ".....if a woman has an unbelieving husband and he is agreeable to staying with her, let her not leave her husband. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified in relation to his wife..."

I hope you come out of this relatively unscathed and stronger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit