Avoiding df by threatening suicide!

by avishai 35 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

I have heard the rumor more than once that people have avoided df'ing by threatening to kill themselves if they are df'd. Has anyone else heard of this?

• shamus
    shamus

avashi,

It would suprise me. It really would.... once you have committed the "unforgiveable" sin you are probably cast out kicking and screaming if need be.... they would never let pagans into their "church"...

If someone wants to die, then let them die. I know that's how they think.

• berylblue
    berylblue

Hell,my elders knew I was suicidal and DF me anyway

• avishai
    avishai

I agree that they by & large don't care. And I am not talking about suicides as a result of DF'ing, per se. I am talking about threatening it in a Commitee meeting BEFORE you are DF'd, & the possible legal ramifications on them. I've heard that they often don't follow thru w/ DF'ing when suicide is threatened so as to avoid liability.

• avishai
    avishai

(((((BerylBlue))))

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

The suggestion will cause some elders to loose a lot of sleep. But most will go ahead with the WT policy, "trusting in Jehovah".

Thats the key. All fundamentalist, like the suicide bombers, can do what they do because they are fully convinced it is the will of God. What ever happens as a result of their loyal obedience to their human leaders is not their problem because it was "God's will".

Jst2

• berylblue
    berylblue

Someone very close to me attempted suicide because she was DF; I also had two acquaintances who claimed they did the same. Can't vouch for them, only the first one.

Oh, yeah, Jehovah's loving discipline. I've heard the "friends" talk about those who got DF and committed suicide; the comments were along the lines of, "she couldn't endure the discipline; her heart must have been bad."

But Come on gang! It is for discipline we are enduring!! Right? Right? Let's give three cheers for Jehovah's loving discipline.

• shamus
    shamus

I knew it!

(((Berryblue)))

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think in our area it might just work. There have been more than a few suicides of disfellowshipped and those threatened with it. They might run scared

• avishai
    avishai

Not to mention murder suicides up there, Mulan. I believe one family member may well sue the wts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit