Avoiding df by threatening suicide!

by avishai 35 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

There is very little genuine love in the org -- why should a threat of suicide move them to compassion

• Gadget
    Gadget

This is what happened when I approached the elders concerned that my girlfriend was going to attempt suicide.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/56744/1.ashx

As to whether or not it could sway a judicial committee, I think that would depend on the reason for feeling suicidal. If the person felt suicidal anyway then this would have no bearing on the decision of the commitee, but if the person felt suicidal because they were getting df'd then would this not show repentance and so they would not be df'd?

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

My mother was depressed and attempted , more like a cry for help overdosing on prescpritions drugs so many times. She was an elders wife,,,,,,,,and my dad was the PO,,,,,,,,alot of her problems were kept a secret in the family and the elder body. Two of the other elders on the body were drunks and came to our house that way all the time. Mom would go to the meetings so stoned on pills she would stumble and fall asleep on the fourth row.

This went of for years, hospitals etc. nothing was done to help her , no meetings to talk to her etc. I guess my Dad would not have had that anyway, he felt that what went on in our house was HIS business.

When my dad cheated on my mom with the younger sister, they went after both of them, with the intention of d/f . They followed me and my sister around trying to get info, took pictures, followed my dad etc.

My mother was in rehab at this time, and was there for over a month. She started smoking, it happens alot , she was a smoker before she was a witness and always craved it. So I guess being around the smell of it all the time at rehab, she did start again.

Not once did the elders go there to visit her, not a call, not a card , nothing. When she was caught smoking they d/f her thru a cold and short letter.

She was still in therapy, under doctors care , and cried to me about how she had committed the unforgivable sin, by sinning and knowing better. I tried to tell her that is not the unforgivable sin or we would all be hopeless, when we sin we all know we are doing it for the most part, and we do it anyway.

She was full of saddness, severe guilt and felt Jehovah didnt love her anymore. She was left alone, in her own place for the first time since she was 15.

My mom did succeed in committing suicide a few months after the d/f and being in rehab.

We couldnt find any JW to do her funeral talk. We had to hire a justice of the peace we knew to do it. No one but one family of JW's came to her funeral. Again, no calls, no cards, and no flowers.

That hurt me so much to see the lack of flowers she had, if it had not been for family she would have had none. And this was the lady who if someone had a cold, she got on the phone with her favorite florist and sent them a flower arrangement, even signing the card from the whole congregation just because she wanted to.

I agree with Jst2Laws there were , maybe still are some good hearted elders who will lose sleep over this kind of thing, someone threatening to do it.

But in my Mom's case they didnt even had the education on how to treat someone coming out of rehab, how to deal with the emotional problems, how to deal with how sick they really are ,like my Mom after so many years of prescription drug abuse.

I dont forgive the elders for their second agenda in d/f her, they wanted to get my Dad the most, they really wanted him to pay for what he did because he became so arrogant and above counsel with them.

I dont forgive them for the timing of my mom's d/f, or that they didnt even try to see her in the hospital, or try at least to talk to her face to face. I think with Mom it would have made a HUGE difference to have someone other than my dad who just left her , to talk to .

I dont forgive them for not even respecting the good person she was, that NO ONE could find in in their cold hearts to lay her to rest with some kind of compassion. All the things she did for the congregation, the friends and even a year before standing up for the blood issue when she had a bleeding ulcer, blood count of 2 and barely survived that. But she was faithful in that. Even God, doesnt forget the faithful things you do in the past for his name.

The shunning issue I have had a problem with since I was a JW child, but never could say it. You just dont turn your back on someone in need.

Like someone eles said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jesus wouldnt do that. Where is the love? It is not there.

Sending my love and hugs to those who have lost a loved one, a friend, anyone in your congregation due to the lack of love the JW's show.

If I beleive there is a judgement day...........those ones have alot to answer for,,,,,,,,they will have their hearts read for what part they played in these deaths.

Not all elders are that way. My hubby was an elder for many years and would sit up with depressed ones , into the wee morning hours to keep them from hurting themselves, even taking them to the hospital . I even went once to help a family out , while I was in labor with my daughter. So I know there are some good ones that despite the Pharisees....... I mean some of the elders ,,,,,,,,that do try to reach out.

I know so many of you here were those kind of witnesses. I think that is why so many of us left, our consciences wouldnt let us continue to be a part of so many of the JW laws.

• Gadget
    Gadget

(((LyinEyes)))

• shamus
    shamus

Lyineyes,

You are the one that I was referring to. I know your story all too well. It's burned in my memory.

I believe that your story is one of the sadder ones here that we know about... (or at least I know about)... not including the child abuse, etc....

• berylblue
    berylblue

((Lyin' Eyes))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit