Banned From The Kingdom Hall

by darkspilver 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cofty
    cofty
    Why do judges in the UK use that ridiculous white wig?

Keeps their heads warm. Those old British courts are draughty.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

JUDGE JAMES O'MAHONY: It is perfectly proper to have strong religious views but you should have regard for the feelings of other people.

If only he knew!

I agree that this man's actions only reenforce the image of the bitter, morally depraved and emotionally unstable apostate but I personally applaud his actions anyway. When I went apostate my calm, reasonable demeanor didn't do anything for my image (one elder even thought I was demon-possessed). By putting himself out there he has at least attracted some attention and hopefully planted some seeds of doubt in the congregation.

The problem with behaving respectfully and hoping that your ethical actions will speak louder than words is that witneses won't notice any of that. No matter how good of a person you seem to be in public, they will always just assume that it's an act and that you really are shooting heroine, having promiscuous sex, and conjuring demons in cabballistic circles behind closed doors. Trust me, in terms of reputation, an ex-jw has absolutely nothing to lose by behaving like this guy did.

• Alostpuppydog
    Alostpuppydog

I am banned from Kingdom Halls too lmao.

• rebel8
    rebel8

So he got DFd for some reason unknown to us, and he played a recording of a discussion with an elder, on the street, loudly.

He is tried and convicted for this? Seems kinda harsh. What am I missing?

I am not saying it was right, just seems like a weird punishment for doing that.

Also, I'm sure it was quite fun and cathartic for him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit