BREAKING NEWS out of Canada

by Newly Enlightened 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

The organizational structure in Canada leaves most Kingdom Halls at risk.

These law firms know what they are doing.

• yalbmert99
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While the amount may seem light, this is a class action suit filed against an organization that did not commit the abuse, but fostered the hostile environment toward accusors and contributed toward the problem.

More money for a single victim would require separate filings and a heavier burden of proof that Watchtower was more instrumental in causing the particular abuse. This burden has been the situation in the cases we have heard about previosly.

I feel for the victims. Many have been victimized again by Watchtower after the abuse, and the vast majority would never have a day in court or any attempt at some justice without a class action suit like this.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good I hope this law suit gains broad media attention.

The WTS/JWS handling of pedophilia within its own organization has been appallingly irresponsible to its associated members and even to the general public at large.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Let your light shine, let it shine, let it shine, WT corp.

Good I hope this law suit gains broad media attention.

Matt. 5:15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.

Corporation Jehovah's just a dim bulb.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Brokeback Watchtower Actually, the NWT renders Matt 5:15 as "People light a lamp and set it, not under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it shines on all those in the house."

By their very definition, the WT most certainly is a basket case.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Sad to say but I think this will go on for years and even if a verdict does come in the favour of the victims (after numerous appeals) then the numbers will probably not be anywhere near the $66m. Would I also be right in assuming that the plaintiffs would have to pay legal bills as well or would Canadian law put that responsibility on the WTS?

• yalbmert99
  • darkspilver
    darkspilver

FYI

Jehovah’s Witness Sexual Abuse Class Action

Monday, October 2, 2017

Jehovah’s Witness Sexual Abuse Class Action Toronto law firm McPhadden Samac Tuovi Hate announced today that it had commenced a class action in Ontario against 3 Jehovah’s Witness organizations, one in Canada and two in the United States.

The amount claimed on behalf of the former students is the sum of $66,000,000.

The case has been brought on behalf of current and former Jehovah’s Witnesses who claim they were sexually assaulted by Elders of the organization. There is also a class of claimants composed of those who allege that when they were children they were sexually assaulted by adult Jehovah’s Witnesses.

The action has been commenced on behalf of all those affected, regardless of where in Canada they reside.

READ MORE: http://mcstclassactions.com

SEE ALSO: https://www.mcst.ca

• Newly Enlightened

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit