BREAKING NEWS out of Canada

by Newly Enlightened 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Newly Enlightened
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great to see!

The more cases - the more a spotlight is shone on the destructive practices and appalling behaviour of the Society.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The article doesn't say how many victims are suingthe WT, dies anyone know?

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

"Give the Watchtower yet another black eye". I love that. Perhaps the victims will get something out of this, I hope they do.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Interesting. 66M for ALL abuse victims in all of Canada seems a bit on the light side. I would expect them to offer a bargain and in the end feel like they saved some money. This comment from the article was odd.

The suit also notes the prohibition against group therapy or counseling, to protect the confidentiality of others in the congregation.

Technically there is NO prohibition on counsel. Maybe some nuddging against it (as we all know is part of the culture), but nothing overt.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Crazyguy: The article doesn't say how many victims are suingthe WT, dies anyone know?

In Quebec the rate was $250,000 CAN each ($203,000 US)

Therefore $66million / $250,000 = 264

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5750716427665408/_post/5202119181205504

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The arrogance of Watchtower with regard to their attitude to the issue of CSA within their org is appalling.

No effort to work with experts, no honest appraisal of their past mistakes....and heartfelt apology to victims.

And most of all, no effort to put things right in order to protect the children of the future.

I hope they let them have it!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If this was the UK, that sort of penalty would wipe out most of their available funds. On top of everything else putting pressure on finances, this must be a serious worry for Watchtower leaders.

Maybe gathering all funds from local congregation into a centrally available pot (ripe for claims) was not such a bright idea. On the other hand maybe they saw it coming and it was the only way to keep the organisation afloat.

• Bell
    Bell

I was a witness myself and I left 5 years ago. Since then I have been thinking of going back, but every time I do, I read about what’s wrong with the organization and that helps me.

I speak English and french but my friends who are still witnesses do not speak English.

I have been able to find information that are credible and accessible. JW.facts has been quiet helpful. Give me some suggestions as to how I can get these information in other languages to make it accessible for my friends who speak french. U guys have any idea.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

IF the org is truly fat with money then:

$1 billion - $66 million equals $944 million left.

BUT, if the org is NOT truly fat with money... ha ha suckers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit