Selling Ice to an Eskimo

by Jang 27 Replies latest jw friends

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Hello JanG,

Well, I'm not quite sure what to say to you re this 'issue.' I do want to thank you for your many, many years of devoted effort to assist and emotionally support those leaving the organization. You, were, indeed, one of the forerunners in these efforts to aid, educate and ease the pain(s) of those leaving.

Before the 'web' days I know you spent
    copious amounts of time gathering and compiling materials; and mailing out packets (sometimes very thick ones) all over the world...wherever there was a need or interest. My private 'nic' for you was "Grovey." I was always delighted to get a mailing from you. And, hey, the thicker the package the better.

Things have changed much with the 'net -- the best part being that so many more people are being informed re the WTBTS, their pathetic history, flip-flops re 'beliefs' and, I think, even more importantly, their cruel, tragic handling of situations such as shunning and coverups re child abuse in its many forms.

Forums such as this are a meaningful 'gift' allowing an outlet for so many to expess themselves re a wide range of experiences and emotions. People need not feel so 'alone' - as many of us did so many years ago.

However, I think when so many are now 'grouped' together it produces a vast array of 'styles.' Some, I guess, more popular than others. And, also, some posters are, by nature, just more prolific than others - I think that has always been your 'style.' :)...whether it was with snail mail, or the net. So, I agree with 'Waiting' - if I don't feel like scrolling through a very long thread, I don't. I appreciate your wanting to share some excellent material - maybe just spread it
    out a little more?

Thanking you for your continued efforts to help. Hope you are feeling much better soon...Zazu

• Jang
    Jang

Thankyou Zazu .... whoever you are

I needed that this week ..... It's been a tough one ....

JanG

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

HEY!?!?!?

I said nice things!!!!

Slipnslidemaster: Doin' the humpty hump...just doin' the humpty hump...

• Jang
    Jang

SlipandSlideMaster - you did too and I apologise for not thanking you.

JanG

• waiting
    waiting

well, for Pete's sake,

I said nice things too........and I meant them.

waiting

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I didn't say a bloody thing, but if I say I'm nice, will youse all say thanks too!

I feel better already.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

Freedom is not having to wear a tie.

• Jang
    Jang

Thankyou Waiting ..... I do appreciate you and Ozziepost ....

JanG

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Don't forget about me......oh wait I posted that already.

Sorry.

Slipnslidemaster: Doin' the humpty hump...just doin' the humpty hump...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit