How long can this cult remain with only kids becoming members?

by Crazyguy 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the watchtower needs to realise its greatest human resource--are the young females !. they are the ones who trap the young males into marriage--in order to have sex. left to their own inclinations most young single males will go elsewhere for it--and never return.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I hear you kairos!

• blondie
    blondie

Another date like 1925 or 1975 could get things rolling and the deaths of those who remember the 1975 fiasco. Everything about 1925 was out of print when I was born. When the Proclaimers book came out there was a watered down version with excuses mixed in. But most jws of that time were dead or had convenient memories.

• sir82
    sir82

Still lots of growth "from the field" in 3rd world countries.

But we may be reaching the point where the rate of attrition from the west finally exceeds that.

Which also indicates ongoing financial difficulties for the org., as (relatively) wealthy JWs leave (or at least refuse to contribute), and their replacements have to sell a goat in order to contribute 15 cents.

• steve2
    steve2

The increased details on what is involved in shunning disfellowshipped persons suggests that the rank and file are still not fully getting what is required of them.

Note that the heavy-handed directions to JW parents (shown in the video in this summer's regional conventions) on how to treat a disfellowshipped children indicates parents could be softening towards their disfellowshipped darlings - an impression reflected by many posters on this site.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Growth from fairly reliable countries in the past, like Brazil, Mexico, and Nigeria, has slowed considerably, and in Japan, Korea and Russia it's gone into reverse.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Of course we are all interested in what will happen with Australia in the coming years. I think we can expect lower and lower numbers going forward there and New Zealand as well.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock
    I've heard from inside family complain8ng that they find interested ones and set up a bible study then never hear from them again. I think they probably look up jws online and find places like this site and run for the hills. - EOM

I heard recently an elder's wife complaining quite vocally that she hasn't had a "stable" bible study in years. She also said she prays to Jehovah for a bible study that is actually a "normal" person.

I found it hilarious myself. It just shows how the borg is only attracting social misfits looking for a community.

What is bothersome though is that they don't listen to themselves when they speak. What does it mean that only people with mental/emotional problems are attracted to your religion? I mean come on.......

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The only real Bible study I ever started was with a woman with demetia.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

sbf- LOL!

and there it is....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit