After the death of a spouse, how long did people wait to get remarried?

by RubaDub 32 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JWGONEBAD:

Yes, they constantly encourage the R & F to remain single..but yet that singleness is not good enough for THEM. They all better shut the hell up about this topic!

Besides, it’s always been my opinion that this advice to remain single is aimed at women only. The idiot religion knows full well that when a woman gets married - the nervy elders cannot just go up to her to ask her to do favors for the users in the congregation. If she was a doormat type who could never say No, they lost an asset.

I was never in this category though!. These bastards criticized me for a full time job - so I was determined to never do any favors for anybody!!!..So, these elders knew enough to ask some other single woman.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Almost 10 years ago, I lost two friends to cancer withing 3 months apart. Both had battled cancer for 2 years, were married, in their 30s and had a young child.

The wife of the first told us, at her husband's funeral, how she was interested in another brother. Within 2 months or so, she was remarried.

The wife of the second carried her husband’s name for another year at the hall, then dated and remarried a year and a half later.

I understand that the grieving process starts way before someone dies of a terminal disease. I easily understand how the wife of the first could feel this way. What I don’t understand is the total lack of honor, respect. She felt entitled to these feelings and got remarried with no consideration for the grieving process of everyone around her, especially her son.

The wife of the second did it right. You could tell there was something between her and her future husband. But everyone could also tell that they wanted to make things proper and respectful. For that, I will always have respect for them.

• sir82
    sir82

Speaking of marrying GB members....

I heard a few years back that whenever Sanderson (never married) was the guest speaker at an assembly, there was always a trail of single sisters trying to catch his attention.

It was just a rumor, but it sounded plausible. Imagine how many of those long-time pioneer "40 year old virgins" (50? more?) would want to jump to the front of the perks line and live as a JW princess. Wife of a GB member is about as high as a woman can go in the organization. Might even be worth putting up with a bald, obese, uneducated, sexually inexperienced dude like Sanderson.

Anyone else hear any Sanderson / single sister rumors?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit