A divorced single sistet

by TxNVSue2023 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

FedUp

That behavior is never ever acceptable. The one who does that is basically selling thei r body for things they want. Yuck

And lumping men into the "they marry only for sex" pigeon hole is IMO an incorrect female excuse for their actions. Men desire closeness and emotional support from their partner pretty much at the same level as a woman.

Most JWs marry young and it is for sex. For both of them. The desire for more (closeness and emotional support) often doesn't come until late when they realize that life isn't just about sex and in some case never.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"I have to wonder what was so wrong in the marriage that HE had to go somewhere else?"

Women normally have friends and many friends. She has people she can talk to. Men don't have friends. Men don't have people they can talk to. So men feel ghosted by their wives. So men just want to expand their emotional support and it is not all about sex.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

@ Lee Marsh

I agree with your comment above. I'm what may be termed an "old" man and have seen enough emotional blackmail and stupid games from both sides of the gender fence to last several lifetimes. Thank you for voicing your thoughts.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

i knew a JW woman who married three times "in the lord". Each time the husband cheated. Actually leaving her for another woman. The third time she was suicidal. I was young but I remember her being beyond distraught and blaming herself, she would cry "what is wrong with me?!" over and over....it was very sad to see. Eventually she married a non JW work collegue and as far as I know remained happily married. I think there's a lot of issues with incompatible marriages within the Jehovahs witnesses, because the one and only requirement is that you belong to the same religion and that is simply not enough in most cases.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

@ Rattigan.

How women relate to men or how many female friends we have, we still want that special relationship with a spouse or partner. It is very different.

Men have male friends. How they relate to them is different than how they would relate to a spouse.

If the relationship is healthy a wife is more than happy to give her spouse the emotional attention he needs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit