Young JW's, What would it take for you to come back?

by Spudinator 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Yeah--I think it would take Jehovah actually pulling me aside and saying, "Look, you need to go back because they were right all along" in order for me to go back.

And even then, I would just think I had eaten bad seafood and was freaking out.

I don't believe in God, nor in the Bible. They can change all the doctrines they want, I am pretty sure elimination of the Bible and God would be a reform they aren't willing to make.

As for personal changes...I sort of object to that, do you mean it's sort of the whole, "I just need to go out have sex, do drugs, and get drunk a few years then when my life is shambles I will go back?"

Honestly, the lifestyle didn't bug me. I didn't go out and go crazy just because it was forbidden. Nor did I stop attending because I wanted to go do those thinsg. And it is rather a slap in the face to think all jw kids leave just so they can go have fun.

(If you meant something else by that statement, I appologize for my misuderstanding)

The only thing family wise I wish that would change would have to be the fact that my parents are in denial. I would only want them to stop thinking I will return someday. Because it's not going to happen. I also know they won't give up "hope". It's what they cling to, and of course it makes me feel guilty and pressured. I don't think that will EVER go away. But nothing my parents do or say would ever make me go back, I just don't want it.

Not to sound harsh, but maybe in your own case you need to accept that the young people in your life won't come back to the "truth", because they don't want to make that kind of truth their own.

• seven006
    seven006

Spud,

I have a question for you. Are you asking your question as a JW and are targeting the younger posters for a specific reason? Or, are you an exJW just asking out of curiosity? I may be wrong but since you posed your question as "come back" instead of "go back" it makes it look like you are a JW doing a little fishing. Which are you?

Dave

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

No amount of money of change can interfere with my belief in the One, Holy, Apostolic, and Catholic Church the one that God himself founded. Seriously though, If I weren't going to be a catholic I wouldn't be able to believe in the bible (long logical explaination of how only the catholic church can prove how the bible is inspired).

• nilfun
    nilfun

Suddenly, I feel so old.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Answer the question and drop 10 years, nilfun

• proudassmonkey
    proudassmonkey

there's nothing in heaven or on earth that would make me go back. i felt stiffled and unallowed to be myself. i lived everyday unhappy. i lived everyday inside of a lie. i won't go back to that place in my life. not for anything. the borg can come to my front door and offer me millions of dollars, and i wouldn't and couldn't live that life again.

so the answer to the question is:

D. there's no way in hell

melissa

• breal
    breal
    A. Organizational changes?
    B. Personal changes?
    C. Family Changes?

A. Any organizational changes would be too little and too late for the pain they have already caused so many. They can't change the past. I find these "new lights" or "new understandings" to be a cowardly way of stating that they screwed up or were wrong. Even if they did change the things that little old me thinks are "wrong" - the damage is done as far as I am concerned.

B. Hard to think of giving up the life I love, my real true friends and adopted family to consider going back to a bunch of hypocritical, self righteous, unloving and messed up people/organization....oh and like everyone is just gonna forget these years that I have been DF'd....like they still won't treat me like crap or label me or "mark" me....

C. Can't answer this one cuz family was not the reason I left.

So I will go with D.

What is your answer?

Cheers,

BReal

• blackout
    blackout

D definately D.

• yxl1
    yxl1

Yeah I'd go back. Only to thump a few Elders in the mouth....and I'm not joking.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

E: Lobotomy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit