Hi again

by Lee Marsh 70 Replies latest jw friends

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Hi, Lee! Your older posts are legendary and I have learned so much.

Wishing you the very best in your cancer treatment.

I second the motion to be proactive about colon cancer.

I just turned 50 and had my first colonoscopy. One small polyp was removed which now can't grow into a tumor. Yay! Now I'm free for 10 years.

Just get it done. Insurance now covers preventive colonoscopies at age 50 in the US. It's not that bad and you get a day off work!

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

Hi TD, arwen, and under the radar. Nice to see you all. Hope you are all doing well

DesirousOfChange

I have 1 left of 5. They caught it really early and it is still less than I cm which makes treatment a lot easier rather than waiting for it to grow and spread. So far (only 4 treatments) I don’t seem to have any side-effects but they say that comes after week 2 so I will see what happens.

Hang in there. I have been talking to a lot of people who are still here long after anyone thought they would be.

MacH Thank you. When we have lost family it is nice to know there is a place to come to where people remember you and wish you well.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

Great Teacher. Hmmm I should have come back using that name but I see you already took it lol

I am very glad that people are still benefitting from all that info. And very nice to see that the Best Of series is still available.

As for colonoscopy; the prep was far worse and I ask them to knock me out for the colonoscopy. Don't feel or hear a thing. They are free in Canada but they recommend a fecal immunochemical test be done first. We get those from the Dr and mail them in. If that is clear then wait a couple of years and do it again - after 50.

But many patients are younger and wish they had the test much earlier. When they were finally tested the cancer had spread.

Get the FIT test people. It can cave your life.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Hello Lee,

Nice to see you here once again.

Wishing you the best of luck with your hard fight!

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

Thank you LongHairGal. Nice to see you too.

• Hotpepper
    Hotpepper

I remember you from 20 years ago wish you good health.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

HotPepper 20 years ago - right around the time I joined as Lady Lee

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hello again Lee--i used to be on here as Bigmac..but had to create a new ID in order to sign in. Its sad how many posters from a few years. back are no longer with us.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

Hi Stan Nice to see you

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I'm new here, Welcome Back! Keep up the hard fight for your health, stay positive. Eat healthy and exercise. We are all for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit