Something funny about Armageddon

by evilApostate 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

evilApostate

15-20 years ago before I faded, I was proud telling those hell-scared people that my god, never ever would punish them and their children for eternity in hell with burning fire a.s.f. God was good caring humble and loving his children and wanted all of them to live. And then I realized that If they didn´t do what I was telling them, they were just about to be exposed another hell in Armageddon within short. So the Jwdubs are proud that their God didn´t make hell, but that he will fix it later….

The philosophical flows in the logic are catastrophic. And I wonder how any intelligent human can believe or even loving a God that shows this fallacy. The fact (according to the bible) is that I has already proven to be a mad God in drowning all humans and animals except for 8 persons in a flood about 4300 years ago……and other horrible thing…..

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Dug this up from an old post:

The Society teaches that only JWs will be saved, then it is something that stick back in the mind.

*** w54 7/15 p. 447 Questions From Readers ***

The judgments of Jehovah are righteous, and the execution thereof is done in righteousness. Jehovah’s servants, who have his spirit and who love righteousness and hate wickedness, do not mourn the destruction of the wrongdoers at the hand of Jehovah’s appointed executioner. .... There is no general repentance and Armageddon will annihilate the evildoers. Armageddon survivors will not mourn the destruction of those Jehovah judges worthy of it.

*** sr 1955 pp. 340-342 The Universal War of Armageddon Breaks Out ***

Why should not blood run deep and far with over two billion dead? Was there ever a war of the length of Armageddon's duration that left even a billion dead? .... With the members of this generation that will not pass away before Armageddon breaks out numbering now two billion five hundred million and with only the remnant and a larger group of "other sheep" inside the Greater Noah's "ark" surviving, the death toll of the "war of the great day of God the Almighty" will be appallingly all-surpassing, too many for the Armageddon survivors to bury. Come on, birds and beasts! Have your fill then from the human corpses in retribution for the wanton slaughter of animal and birdlife of which the human race has been guilty!

*** w58 10/15 pp. 614-615 What Will Armageddon Mean to You ***

As for humans upon earth, on the side of Jehovah will be all those fully dedicated to him and who are faithfully following Jesus Christ; compared with earth’s billions these are indeed few.... On Satan’s side will be all the rest of mankind, more than 99.9 percent, even as we read: "The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." That includes all the governments of the world together with their supporters, the commercial, religious and social institutions.... Armageddon will be the worst thing ever to hit this earth in the history of man.

*** w61 12/1 pp. 724-725 United Against Nations in the Valley of Decision ***

"Into the valley of decision, as into a vast wine-press trough, the King leaps with his army of holy angels. SQUASH!The treading of the nations, including Christendom, begins... Never before in all human history will so many human creatures have been slaughtered. Blood, as representing human lives poured out, will run deep and over a vast distance... With breathless awe they [the survivors] will have looked down from their safe heights into the valley of decision and witnessed how Jehovah gains his magnificent victory by Christ over all the combined nations of Satan’s visible organization. At His victory in vindication of his universal sovereignty we witnesses will sing his praises exultantly and will acknowledge him as our God for all time and eternity. We are near the time of his battle and transcendant victory.

*** w65 4/1 p. 212 Fulfulling the New Commandment of Love ***

Yes, today, with Armageddon staring us in the face, we must keep in mind the sobering thought that millions, even billions, of lives may shortly come to a swift and decisive end, putting their onetime owners beyond the reach of any expression of love on our part.

The same callous attitude is expressed in the following recent article, which has the gall to refer to "the worst thing ever to hit this earth in the history of man" as a "happy beginning". Who will be happy during such horrific destruction? Jehovah's Witnesses, of course!

*** w05 12/1 p. 6 Armageddon -- A Happy Beginning ***

"Many wonder, however, why a God who is the very embodiment of love would inflict death and destruction on much of humankind. The situation might be compared to that of a pest-infested house. Would you not agree that a conscientious homeowner should safeguard the health and well-being of his family by exterminating the pests? ... The battle of Armageddon is actually one of the best things that could happen to us!

So I thought it would be fun to play with this cognitve dissonance by seeing what lengths one would need to go through to find a person worthy of eternal destruction at Armageddon. What happens when we flesh out the personalities and life stories of the people undergoing gruesome deaths in the picture? Since 99.9% of the world's population are not murderers, thieves, rapists, etc. what about the vast majority who live good lives, albeit not as Jehovah's Witnesses? What kind of denial does a person have to be in to feel so joyous at the wanton slaughter of 99.9% of the world's population? Is it, "Oh boy, now I will get my own pet lion??!!!!"

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Vanderhoven7 your articles you brought up just gave me a twitch of PTSD. Being fed this crap constantly as a child kill any chance of a normal childhood. The only funny thing is and it's not really funny is the sick person who came up with this crap must of hated himself and everyone around him. I wonder how many adults still get nightmares over this sick thinking? Still Totally ADD

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

** w58 10/15 pp. 614-615 What Will Armageddon Mean to You ***

As for humans upon earth, on the side of Jehovah will be all those fully dedicated to him and who are faithfully following Jesus Christ; compared with earth’s billions these are indeed few.... On Satan’s side will be all the rest of mankind, more than 99.9 percent, even as we read: "The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." That includes all the governments of the world together with their supporters, the commercial, religious and social institutions.... Armageddon will be the worst thing ever to hit this earth in the history of man.

You often get a different story when discussing Armageddon with JWs. But there is no talking around this one. Their own literature declares billions and 99.9% of mankind will perish.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If the wages of sin is death and death therefore frees one from sin ,why did those who were resurrected in the Bible need to die again ?

And since they died again didn`t they then experience the second death from which their is no resurrection ?

So JW`s don`t expect to see Lazarus or any others who were resurrected in Paradise earth.

God`s servants didn`t do them any favours did they.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I'm not sure how a jw would answer the apparent contradiction. Would they claim that the first death (recoverable) is not the wages or consequences of sin?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit