Something funny about Armageddon

by evilApostate 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• evilApostate
    evilApostate

Years ago, when I was still a publisher, I had a very interesting conversation with a lady in the field service. We were talking about punishment for sin and so on. She believed in hellfire. I remember telling her that "the wages of sin is death." Therefore, when one dies, he pays for all his sins and hence can recieve a ressurection.

She then asked me what was the point of living a good christian life, since you were going to be forgiven all your sins at death anyway, regardless of how you lived. I then mentioned Armageddon and told her that those wiped out in Armageddon die eternally.

Now, here comes the funny part. There is a scripture (can't remember which one) which states that "this good news must be preached throughout the entire earth. Only then the end will come." Since, there are millions who have never even heard of JWs and who will never hear about them for centuries to come, then it must mean that Armageddon (if it was going to happen) must be hundreds of years away. For example, amazon tribes and millions living in certain muslim countries etc. have never even heard from JWs.

Therefore, even if the JWs were right about Armageddon (which they aren't), no one has anything to worry about. Everyone currently alive would be forgiven their sins and resurected anyway. This makes all of their current fanaticism pointless (as if it weren't already pointless).

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"Therefore, when one dies, he pays for all his sins and hence can recieve a resurrection."

This is based on the org's perverted and nonsensical literal interpretation of Romans 6:7.

If J.W.'s would read the surrounding verses - 2,4,6,8,10, & 11 - they'd immediately see it's a figurative context. Especially verses 2 & 11.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Matthew 10:23: "When they persecute you in one city, flee to another; for truly I say to you, you will by no means complete the circuit of the cities of Israel until the Son of man arrives."

The JW's teach that they will never "finish" the preaching work by contacting everyone...they say only when Jehoover is satisfied then it will end...but still requires them to preach as hard and urgent so that the most amount of people get preached to.

• evilApostate
    evilApostate

@The Searcher:

Yeah, I see what you mean. When I was still a JW this scipture was always used to prove that death=forgiveness from sin.

@notsurewheretogo:

Interesting. Years ago, I think I remember them saying that their advancement in the worldwide preaching work was proof that the end was near. They would always reference the scripture I mentioned.

Btw can anyone tell me how to quote someone's post in mines?

• carla
    carla

" I remember telling her that "the wages of sin is death." Therefore, when one dies, he pays for all his sins and hence can recieve a ressurection."---- if that is the case, then jw's have no need whatsoever for Jesus. It explains much.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    EvilApostate - "I remember them saying that their advancement in the worldwide preaching work was proof that the end was near."

Didn't you know?

Everything is proof the JWs are right.

Even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hi ya evilApostate... there are other flaws in the logic as well such as...

Homo sapien has been on Earth for some 250,000 years. There are many people who have lived on this Earth well before a guy named Jesus of Nazareth was ever born. None of those people ever heard of him nor were they ever 're-born'. Christianity wasn't even invented at that time. We are still discovering indigenous tribal peoples on Earth that no one knew ever existed. So as you said, there are people living on Earth today that have never heard of him. Their ancestors never heard of him and their future offspring will never hear of him either.

When I was a teenager I figured out that the mathematics just does not hold up for JWs to be able to be the ones to accomplish preaching the good news to all the inhabited Earth, particularly with the door-to-door ministry, nor via their website. There are people who live in parts of this Earth today that don't know what a computer or smartphone or tablet is, let alone the internet. And 7 million JWs cannot possibly preach to 7-8 billion people, much less keep up with the birth rate on this planet.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, if death means that sins are forgiven and a resurrection is assured, then EVERY witness should be HAPPY to see all people die....right?

Why be upset when a tragedy occcurs that takes lives? Simply be happy that those killed people "are guaranteed a resurrection "

(Insert sarcasm alert here)

• evilApostate
    evilApostate

@stuckinarut2:

Lol. That's the funny part. Imagine this:

News: "500,000 people just died in an earthquake."

JW #1: "Great news! 500,000 people have just been saved from Armageddon. Thank Jehovah!"

JW #2: "An earthquake? Hurray! Its another sign that the end is near! The bible told us these things would happen in the last days."

Me: "You crazy JWs disgust me."

@ Heaven:

What's more is that it is estimated that over 107 billion people have ever lived. If all these people were to be resurected then the earth would surely be overpopulated.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Interesting. Years ago, I think I remember them saying that their advancement in the worldwide preaching work was proof that the end was near. They would always reference the scripture I mentioned.

Yes we are both right..the scripture they use to prove the end very close is the one that talks about the good news being preached in all the earth...the JW's are doing this...they see themselves in nearly every virtual land and country.

But of course they can't speak to everyone...including the tribes etc...thus the scripture I quoted is what they use and they explain it by saying in the time of the end the preaching will increase until it is being preached in all the earth and then at some point, God will call time when it has been preached to his satisfaction because they will never cover the earth before Jesus comes at the Big A.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit