Who really belives that there is a Satan

by Singing Man 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Yes.....................and I think he's disguised as Jerry Springer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO.

• donkey
    donkey
    I think most people believe in some sort of evil force.

I believe in an evil force....it's called Faith.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

There is no more evidence that Satan exists than there is that God exists. The entire idea is a matter of choice (or faith depending on your viewpoint). Our choice of whether to believe or not to believe is just that, a choice.

Having said that, it is easier for me to believe in Satan than God.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

The Devil made me do it

I don't think he is there, just another means to control people. After all if you don't follow the rules not only will you be punished on earth you'll either end up spending eternity with satan or be destroyed with him.

gimmie a break baby

• Dansk
    Dansk

There are a couple of ideas on this. One is that Satan is a corruption of the Egyptian god Set who murdered the god Osiris and was avenged by Horus. The second is found in the religion of the Persian Zoroaster, who professed the good god Ahura Mazda who was at war with the evil god Angra Mainyu, later known as Arhiman. The Zoroastrian concept of hell is almost a mirror image of the Jewish hell, and Zoroaster's religion even had the concept of a purgatory, as well as a last judgement.

Since the Israelites were held in Assyrian captivity it's very likely that they were introduced to the dualistic nature of Zoroastrian solar worship, and more than a few scholars feel that much of Judaism was lifted from Persian influences.

Satan is a manufactured scare tactic, as is his domain and the claim of eternal damnation, in order to keep the priests (or governing body!) and the religions they offer as the only way to 'salvation'. It keeps them all in business. The concept of a devil arises from the idea that God is ultimately good and can therefore not be evil, so there must be another anti-God element to explain the evil in the world - enter Arhiman, Set or Satan. The scare tactic obviously still works as millions believe in the fires of hell and that the Devil's gonna get you if you don't watch out - or that if you don't hold fast to the likes of the Borg you'll relinquish all hope of a resurrection.

Dansk

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

Yes I do, but I'm not afraid of it. I am afraid of God (in a good way).

• Robdar
    Robdar

I think that humans exist to become food for the gods. The earth is one big farm and when one of the gods gets hungry, it sucks our soul out. Some of the gods prefer negative energy, some positive. We decide which pen to go into. From there, it's only a matter of time until lunch....

Robyn

• Navigator
    Navigator

Not me! Most of the worlds troubles can be traced to a belief in "duality", a power other than God.

• Spudinator
    Spudinator

I do.

• Gigamesh
    Gigamesh

I seem to remember from the OT that Satan means 'the accuser' . There's loads of them around. 'He's one, she's one.... *pointing finger in all directions*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit