Who really belives that there is a Satan

by Singing Man 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Is there any real evidence that there is a Satan and a bunch of nasty Demons? If so where is it. It seems to be implanted on into our hard drives of our minds through the bible and religions litature.

It seems to me if the bible told us the moon was made of swiss cheese and religious litature said pigs could fly most humans would agree at once. One mans opinion.

• freedom96
    freedom96

What your question really should ask, is "Does anyone here believe in the bible?"

If one believes the bible, then the answer would be yes, there is a Satan.

I think most people believe in some sort of evil force.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Check out Jeffery Burton Russell. He has a whole series of books that look at how the concept of a single all evil being evolved through history. I didn't read them all, I am far too lazy, but his book The Prince of Darkness: Radical Evil and the Power of Good in History is a pretty interesting read, and covers all the material in his other books, just to not the same depth--obviously.

• robhic
    robhic

Interesting question. Yes, I believe evil exists. Do I think there is an invisible, malicious "spirit" causing it? No, I don't think so. People can and will make mistakes and conscious decisions that result in something bad happening. I've always thought that was a no-brainer.

"Satan" per se, is a convenient scape goat to assign blame. If you don't take responsbility for something bad happening, you blame it on evil and/or satan. Easy. You are absolved of blame and that damn satan did it again!

I think religious folk use satan and the concept of satan to assign blame for evil and also as a focus on who their god is more powerful than and who will protect you so you'd better join up. C'mon, if you break someone's car windshield it is one of maybe 3 things: it is an accident and unavoidable; you are a dick and broke someone's windshield because you are a dick; there is/was some strange, unexplainable reason that that glass needed breaking.

Regardless, there was no invisible horned entity with a brick in his hoof. Just my opinion...

Robert

• animal
    animal

Not me

Animal

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    C'mon, if you break someone's car windshield it is one of maybe 3 things: it is an accident and unavoidable; you are a dick and broke someone's windshield because you are a dick; there is/was some strange, unexplainable reason that that glass needed breaking.

ROTFLMAO...........awwww c'mon don' t be a dick!

he,hee yeah animal what you said...........and I can say THAT AFTER meeting YOU! LOL

KateVisit Smiley Central!(of the ducking out the back door class)Visit Smiley Central!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Not me.

Satan

• wednesday
    wednesday

yes i bleive in satan and the demons. I do not believe they go around tormenting people the way jws seem to think, but i do believe they exist.

• blackout
    blackout

NOT ME!!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Isn't the Bible evidence?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit