They're turning up the heat

by Winston Smith :>D 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Richie
    Richie

Winston, what I would suggest is to be a "peacemaker" by telling them what they want to hear and that you are sorry for all the trouble you caused them. Otherwise they WILL find ways to df you - even if you keep postponing the judicial meetings. If you always find excuses not to attend their meeting, they will turn around and say (by a majority of votes and according to the instructions in their "elders-handbook") that you are rebellious by not submitting to their "reasonable" requests to meet with them. I know for sure that they are planning that and you can be rest assured that they are not going to help you find the biblical answer you asked for. The elders will only go along the lines of what the Society prescribes in terms of understanding their interpretations. They are not allowed to do personal bible research on their own volition - they must be obedient to the Watchtower, otherwise they will go "against Jehovah".

Just play along with them Winston - remember you have to look at the bigger picture: to be reconciled with your wife is much more important - afterwards just slowly fade away and make sure that you "feed" your wife the real truths found in the bible (not with the Society).

What I did, I started to read other bibles and you'll be surprised to find out that you will be able to understand it better with the help of God's Holy Spirit. Also check the Greek Interlinear Scriptures (printed by the Society) with the New World Translation and you'll find hundreds if not thousands of discrepancies where the Society fraudulently changed the wording and/or contents of the scriptures ever so slightly in order to fit their own ideologies! If you can get a Greek Interlinear from around 1960, you''ll be pleasantly surprised and utterly disgusted how the Society has been deceiving you. The later editions of the Greek Interlinear were modified somewhat by the Society as too many people started noticing these deliberate errors (mistranslations).

Can you now see why it is necessary to disfellowship Witnesses when they start doing their own research and find out the real truth about the bible? They will force out any member who attempts to investigate the scriptures with earlier translations intelligently, otherwise there would be a large exodus of people leaving the Society for good...

Let me say this: The Watchtower Organization is guided by "another spirit", certainly not the "Holy Spirit" and this "other spirit" deceives people ever so smartly, and no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. (2 Cor. 11:14,15)...

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Hi all,

Thx for the advice.

I guess ina nutshell, I have to stop stirring the shit and then delay any meetings with them. I want to get ot without being DF'd with my wife. that's the goal. and like Richie said, if Q's are asked, i at this point have no problem bullshitting them and just telling them exactly what they want to hear. Yes, yes, yes, I'm sorry, forgive me. Then just never follow through on any promises.

I'll address the reply's more specifically later, I gotta go.

Thank you very much for your help though. It helps me to stay focaused on the task at hand.

Winston.

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Good for you man, don't let them make the ground rules you make them. Right on Bro.

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Do this fellow roomie, tell them at the advise of council I decline to meet with you behind closed doors with out my council being present. This will shut their mouths.

• Panda
    Panda

W,

If it's important to your wife, do the fade. Moving to another cong. is ideal! And you don't have to physically move to attend another hall. And your reason for switching:

"Well, those brothers were not loving. You've no doubt heard that before. But we just couldn't stay."

"My work load keeps me from reaching out right now. But thanks for asking."

"Oh they say they wanted to meet w/me but it was always when it was convenient for them. And I had work or family matters."

"My wife really needs me at this time. I know you will understand."

"They treated me like I was a bad person when all I want is to provide for my family."

You'll do fine and just so you know they will never give you an written answer to any questions.

Hugs to you both, Panda

• Maverick
    Maverick

Man I love this place! So many good thoughts and points of view! Mizpah read my mind, Rocketman and Blondie also show much wisdom.

Remember my friend, these guys (Elders) don't care about you, they will lie to you and shine you on and then cut your heart out and hand it to you! Play secret agent man with this bunch of dopes! Save your sanity and your marriage. I have several of those small digital recorders, they look like pagers, use one(hidden) whenever you meet. Then transcribe what they said to you. Keep a log on who contacts you and when. But give them nothing, play along with all their BS, act confused, let them under estimate you and don't you be doing the reverse! Ride it out...all the way out the yellow brick road to the land of OZ! Maverick

• Amazing
    Amazing

Winston: Be sure to tke notes ... this is book material. Hang in there. Keep your wife your priority ... you will need her support when they finally get around to giving you the boot.

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Just remember, MOST elders aren't to be trusted. They have sold their integrity to a man-made organization and aren't able to deal fairly. I gave my dissassociation letter to my "friend" the P.O. He got back to me, asking that if I were to re-consider, he would simply give the letter back and we would basically keep it between ourselves. Thinking that my "point" had been made, I agreed and told him to drop the letter at my house. Lo and Behold, he tells me he is happy that I re-considered, but the "brothers" would like to meet with me and "clear-up" a few things. I smelled Bethel big-time, and after meeting with him privately, told him to keep the letter and let it stand. I truly believe, in hindsight, that by doing so, I did them out of the pleasure of disfellowshipping me. Follow your conscience, but always keep in mind the type of men you are dealing with. By the way, I am once again sickened by their efforts to drive a wedge between you and your wife, and doing it in the name of Christianity.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Yeah, I'll have to agree with that wedge between you and your wife thing. Hard to say how much a##-kickin they deserve for sh$t like that - certainly one or two shoe factories worth.

Sometimes there just aren't enough boots, are there.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Winston, it sounds like one of your major problems is when your wife goes to the meetings on her own. I have an idea to (hopefully) break that. What you need to do is discourage her from going to the meetings, without actually saying anything.

Work on looking into some kind of activity that takes place on meeting nights with lots of regulars. Take her to these outings, and start making friends. Introduce your wife to them, and hopefully she'll start making friends outside of the congregation. Then, when it comes down to her making a decision, she'll choose a fun outing with friends rather than sitting at a meeting for 2 hours. Basically, help her see life outside of the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit