Are you planning to see....

by Flowerpetal 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Special K
    Special K

I'm not sure I'll get to see it at my house.

Except for me I have a house ozzing male..ness.

movies tend to be:

Matrix

Lord of the rings

minority report

Either blowing up stuff, sciency, or COmedies

"bringing down the house .. was way funny as Steve Martin always is?

but i do really like.. Mel Gibson.

sincerely

special k

• jws
    jws

I loved Braveheart, for which Mel Gibson won an Oscar for best director.

I don't understand why you'd make a film in an ancient language that nobody speaks. I could see doing a film about Germany in German or a film about Italy in Italian, but those are languages at least somebody can understand and enjoy.

Sometimes you don't need words to understand though. I lot of good silent films were made without words or very few words and you could still understand what was happening. Albiet with overexagerated acting to get the message across.

As for anti-semitism? Give me a break. We're going off the record of a religious book and what is contained in it. Granted, some people may say the whole story is made up, but let's say it's true. It's only showing what happened. Should we rewrite history for what we'd like it to have been? For that matter, the whole Christian part of the Bible is basically anti-semetic because it is replacing the Jewish belief system.

What's next, Germans protesting Schindler's list as racist because it depicts some Germans killing and torturing Jews? If it happened, is it racist to depict it as part of a historical drama?

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Aramaic? Are you kidding? It's going to be a bomb.

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

I'm going to go see it... apparently its not only base on the bible but also visions that a saint an was recorded into a book called "The Dolorious Passion of Our Lord" (or something like that). BTW Mel Gibson is a member of the "Traditional Catholic Church" and they reject Vatican II which took away the responsibility of the Jews for J.C.'s crucifixtion...but they didn't reject it because of that they reject the Mass being said in the vernacular. (I think its the newest psuedo-heresy)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit