Updates on the workload of Bethelites

by usualusername1 38 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername1
    usualusername1

Have the Bethelites started cooking and doing their own washing yet? How are they coping?

Thanks

Paul

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

They dont have to cook. I believe it is buffet style now..? They load up their own plates but its still cooked for them

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@_Morpheus There may be a fully-stacked buffet, but last I heard, they're spiritually starving.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Do I understand this former bethelite right? He says he was told he was being laid off because of downsizing, then they came to clear his stuff straight away. He skipped breakfast and lunch, but when he took some fruit at tea time they sent him a bill as he was on his way out?

https://youtu.be/Chjj-MTnKDI

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

It all is going down the drain... veeeeery sloooowly!

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

On the bethelite billed for fruit, I am right to understand that when you get laid off or reassigned it immediate, no notice period or any time to arrange things. I had thought that there were no new lows for the WT but if this is true, they certainly surpassing themselves in Christian Love and fellow feeling, or more correctly, complete lack of it.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

You get notice. All bethelites get billed every month for “services” like phone calls. I call bullshit on the bill for fruit. The only exception would be if he were df’d. Then you are given a buss ticket and shown the door immediately, your possessions shipped to you later. Still no bill for food though.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I would hesitate to contradict his story. Evidently something happened that shook him up. And billing him for fruit seems odd, but with people "following rules" you just never know. The trouble is his story is not very clear. He seems a bit traumatised to me.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I wonder if the fruit bill is because he took it from the commissary. If I remember correctly, the Bethelites have to pay for things from the commissary anyhow. It's not like the buffet food that they can get for free.

But still it takes a lot of nerve to invoice an out-going bethelite over such a trivial thing.

He has had some harsh treatment, and there's undoubtedly more to the story.

• flipper
    flipper

Wow. Very interesting you tube. Good gawd almighty. I keep thinking that I've seen everything there is to see under the sun with the WT Society's unjust mistreatment of it's members - and then this poor ex-Bethelite gets no notice and kicked out of his room with WT reps packing his belongings up - then gets billed for fruit he ate. WTF ? Yep, " God's " loving organization at work indeed. The comparison between Scientology and Jehovah's Witnesses gets greater every day I swear. Both criminal organizations. Sick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit