Why I never will never fully love or understand Jehovah

by berylblue 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gopher
    Gopher

This is a very interesting thread. I'm intrigued by Berylblue's openness in her spiritual search for truth about God, and Sweetsally's well-mannered defense of her JW belief in the God of judgment -- but maybe she'll be open to thinking outside the box when she returns next week!

This thread is a good example of why I so enjoy this board. It is truly an open discussion about something that matters. (Not to slam some of the entertainment threads, but threads like the one you're currently reading are the "heart" of this board, at least in this reader's view.)

• Val
    Val

Am l missing something who did Jehovah kill off because they were bored with bread?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Personally, I think the war/creator god that was previously known as Shiva seems so confusing because what we know of him is composed of by over 40 different men and women, and what more, before the council of hippo, what we knew of Shiva and some crazy Jewish hippie that claimed to be his son was written by a hell of alot more people, including Yeshua Ben Yusef's lover Mary Magdeline (Still, ask the Catholics why that important peice of the New Testement wasn't incorperated in the bible.)

You have over 40 different authors, you get over 40 different veiws on Shiva (AKA Yahveh).

Don't bother to get to know and love Shiva, get to know and love yourself and your family. Maybe there is a root to all these myths and legends about war gods and creator gods, but you're sure not going to find solace in only one story about them.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

If Jehovah were a man and were put on trial by your own concience. How would he do?

Charges:

Wiped out several cities in the land of Canaan. Specifically ordered the killing of all men, women and children.

Is planning to kill over 6 billion in the near future for no other reason but that they don't worship him.

Withholds food and medical attention while watching millions die.

Demands regular worship and praise under the threat of death.

We could go on and on.

Who would want to be the lawyer defending this guy?

TimB

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

According to the Bible we were made in god's image. We know we weren't made in his image physically so it must mean mentally or morally. Paul said that the law was written on the hearts of even the unbelievers. We all know right from wrong so we shouldn't have any trouble judging "god".

TimB

• pinoy
    pinoy

MATTHEW 22

The Greatest Commandment

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question:
    36 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37 Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' [2] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' [3] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

• Gopher
    Gopher

Val asked,

Am l missing something who did Jehovah kill off because they were bored with bread?

Read Numbers chapter 11, where the Israelites complained because of the manna, or "contemptible bread" as some of them called it. They wanted more. So as the account goes, Jehovah sent a bunch of quails hovering overhead for them to shoot down and eat. Then note verse 33: "The meat was yet between their teeth, before it could be chewed, when Jehovah's anger blazed against the people, and Jehovah began striking at the people with a very great slaughter." So there you have it.

• berylblue
    berylblue

Hey, Val!!! WELCOME!!!!!

• berylblue
    berylblue
    MATTHEW 22

The Greatest Commandment

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question:
    36 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37 Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' [2] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' [3] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Pinoy,

Thanks for that post. I think I got your point.

Okay, so I'm guilty of disobeying that first commandment of Jesus.

MANY Jehovah's Witnesses are guilty of the second. I feel I try my best to love my neighbor. Merely telling others about Jehovah does not, in my humble opinion, qualify as "love". How many JWs do you know are honestly concerned about saving anyone's butt but their own? I speak from 9 years of observation, and constant hurt and rejection by those I honestly tried to like and do good things for.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Brummie,

The WTS didn't do any of the things you've mentioned. You may think so but that doesn't make it so.

Micheal,

Sounds like you have a personal grudge.

Sal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit