My apologies to everyone

by TipToe 49 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus

No apologies needed! Not everyone here is a victim of sexual abuse... though many are. Shameful, isn't it? After all those years of putting down the Catholic Church for their sexual abuse scandals....

That is what hurts me the most. How this organization can continue on with blood of innocent children on their hands, whilst putting down other religion. Also, hiding their own facts on how the religion started... just shameful.

Stick around. Question everything. Find out the truth about the WTBTS. It's a hard pill to swallow, but you will be happier in the long run. Trust me! Don't let them blind you anymore, calling anyone who questions them "apostate". That is not what Jesus taught, nor the Christians in the Roman era. People could actually disagree on certain things... such as circumcision. (spelling, sorry!) They were not "disfellowhipped"! Only those who were confirmed fornicators and still went to their church, should they not eat a meal with them... not for QUESTIONING A CULT.

Stick around, and find out the facts. God does not operate through their organization... something that ex-elders, ex-ministerial servants, and pioneers for 30 plus years have found out....

shamus

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

*BIG SMILE*

Disgusted - wow! What an entrance. I love it! Do not be embarrassed AT ALL. This group of people isn't perfect and more often than not we teach each other very well how to speak before thinking. You'll fit right in! Welcome! *giggle*

Seriously...you'll be amazed at the amount of strength, fortitude, courage, and positive attitudes we have around here. We've been through hell and back. It's a wonder some of us are even alive! But I'm sure you'll make some wonderful friends and learn an incredible amount here. Please stick around!

Andi

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I think DBYA is now going to have to convert and become a JW, if only for a short time so she can comprehend what we all been saying here !

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Then she would be a J-DBYA.........get it. Man I kill me.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

<groan>

no appologies necessary, glad you can express your opinons. Nice having you hear, looking forward to more of your comments.

j2bf

• Odrade
    Odrade

LMAO @ xjw! teehee! Welcome DBYA!!! Great intro!

Odrade

• Beans
  • Big Tex
    Big Tex

No worries. If that's the worst thing you ever do in life, you'll be doing just fine. BTW, I hope I wasn't too hard on you.

Howdy and welcome!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Welcome! Your outrage is valid!

And we are gonna bug you from time to time about your name -- of course!

ESTEE

• berylblue
    berylblue

PLEASE don't feel bad; it was an honest mistake.

Enraged? Yes, That is the "normal" response. Sadly, the "truth about the truth" is so difficult for JWs to take that many immediately go into denial and say that abuse victims are all disfellowshipped apostate liars. While I wasn't in denial about the things I'd learned, it was so painful that after researching the issue I had to take a "time out" to deal with the emotional trauma.

Rosemarie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit