My apologies to everyone

by TipToe 49 Replies latest jw friends

• TipToe
    TipToe

I didn't know this was an " ex" board...I'm very embarrassed right now. I didn't mean to hurt anyone here especially if some of you have been victims of sexual abuse. I was enraged yesterday by what I saw on TV and felt I had to say something...wrong board loll ...so sorry

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

No need to apologize. We are all outraged by the way the WTS handles child abuse issues. Welcome to the board, you should fit right in!

• Angharad
    Angharad

Welcome to the board !!!!!

Don't be embarrassed

• sens
    sens

D_B_Y_A

I understand, anyone would be peeved after seeing that

3 Sens 4

• obiwan
    obiwan

Hey what are you talkin about? We were right behind you 100 percent!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hey disgusted - We LOVE folks who feel as we do about the JWs and their policies about pedophiles. You're OK in our books. We even understand your out-rage.

Now if you want to read some of the threads on this board and get the real scoop on this cult try the search at the top of the page and look for United Nations (UN), RandCam, smart bombs, Mexico-Malawi, Hitler and on and on. There are so many skeletons buried in the closet that we could keep talking about this forever

You might also want to check the subject silentlambs. Many here were part of the march on WT headquarters that was part of the TV program you just watched

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Aren't you glad this is a discussion board and you didn't have to face anyone of us. Your safe, we don't know who you are or where you live, so relax and join the fun and discussions here.

I think you'll like us.

cj

• Simon
    Simon

Don't worry - no apology necessary.

It was cleared you were expressing your outrage at what the organisation has done and a lot of people on this site have been instrumental in getting the message out.

The fact that you are here is proof that it is raising peolpe's awareness.

I've had similar emails from people who saw the programmes and wanted to express their disgust (but thought 'we' were the official site)

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hey, you didn't hurt any of us! Most of us were kind of amused and just wanted to let you know that we're on your side! Now let's have a cappuccino and get to know each other. I'm thrilled that the program had that effect on you because that means it had that effect on a lot of other people, and the secrets of the JW organization MUST be aired in public or the abusive behavior will never stop.

I was raised a Jehovah's Witness and left a little over a year ago in disgust at the child abuse situation, the total lack of love and the hypocrisy shown by the organization and its people as a whole. I watched the elders destroy my father, himself an elder of 40 years, until he committed suicide back in February. For a while I was in a congregation where a convicted sex offender was treated like a treasured son while his little 4-year-old victim and her family were basically run out of the congregation. The elders threatened disfellowshipping (shunning) on anyone who spoke of the matter. I have two small children and didn't know this guy was fresh out of prison (the juvenile kind -- he was 15 at the time) until a gossipy congregation member saw fit to tell me I shouldn't let my kids go to the bathroom by themselves at a meeting. This pedophile was included in children's parties like nothing had happened.

So, pull up a chair and make yourself at home! You're among friends.

Hugs,

Nina

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Of course, you realize that now you're stuck with that name and we may have to tease you about it periodically, just to keep you humble.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit