• TD
    TD

Apparently, not only do women have a smaller brain

It's hard to imagine anything more offensive

Truly cringeworthy....

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Apparently, not only do women have a smaller brain

It's hard to imagine anything more offensive....

Maybe confusing size with intelligence?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_size

• TD
    TD

Confusing size with intelligence?

I'm not confused if that's what you're thinking.

When it appears in JW literature, the implication of such a statement is very clear (i.e. That women do not have the cognitive abilities of men) and it is the writers of said literature who are confused.

The insult to women is no less real because of that confusion.

• problemaddict 2
  • Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

People quoting Proverbs 31 are truly archaic in thinking, it's a great example of sexism in the Bible. First of all, it describes the ideal women, states that it's hard to find one, almost stating it doesn't exist and then goes on with a job description of what they should do: working at home and rearing children.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ANONY MOUS:

I am sure you are referring to me, since I quoted it.

You missed the point. I assure you that I am not archaic in thinking and, in fact, am agnostic. I REALIZE the Bible is sexist and primitive. I also agree that the account describes the "ideal woman" and how hard to find and sounds offensive, etc.

The reason I quoted it is because the account shows a responsible, business-like woman who even has authority over people, orders supplies, etc. The Witness religion would be AGAINST this type of woman if she was in a Kingdom Hall anywhere.

I quoted it because the idiots today would be intimidated by her. They are looking for shrinking violets who don't voice an opinion.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Another "point" which should be obvious in this discussion is that the males in the WTBorg Inc. "religion" are perhaps the true sources of gossip material. Ever been with a group of elders to overhear their "private" discussions? Absolutely shocking!

Of course, blame the ladies. Sounds like a clear case of CYA.

• Festus
    Festus

The good old IT book gives its point of view as well. Under "headship" and "head covering" it says:

As man had priority in human creation, he is given priority of position over the woman. (1Ti 2:12, 13) The woman was made from a rib taken from the man and was bone of his bones and flesh of his flesh. (Ge 2:22, 23) She was created for the sake of the man, not the man for her sake. (1Co 11:9) Therefore, the woman, in God’s arrangement for the family, was always to be in subjection to her husband and was not to usurp his authority. (Eph 5:22, 23; 1Pe 3:1) Also, in the Christian congregation the woman is not to teach other dedicated men nor to exercise authority over them

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The man was created first, prior to the woman; the woman is “out of man” and was created “for the sake of the man.” Her qualities are an expression of the man’s honor and dignity, just as the man’s qualities are a reflection of the honor and dignity of God. Therefore the Christian woman should be happy to acknowledge her subordinate position

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Anyone ever notice the Org almost never mentions prominent female figures in the Bible, like the Queen of Sheba, or Judge Deborah?

:smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit