Introduce myself

by dantoole87 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• freddo
    freddo

Wow! You could write a book.

Oh ... you already have!

Welcome and thanks for sharing. Very much appreciated.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Welceme to the forum and wow, what a story...thanks for sharing! Love the pic also.

So much hypocrisy and double standards! I admire the way you handled all the bullshit man....and all at such a young age...

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome to the forum Dan. Thanks for sharing your story.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Mother in law doesn't respect her husband because like many jw men, he's a scrounger.

• flipper
    flipper

Hey Dan- Sorry to hear about all of your awful experiences with elders and weird JW family over the years. I hear ya buddy. I can relate, been there experienced this myself. The unjust actions of elders was the catalyst that got me to exit this organization over 14 years ago. With friends, family , and elders who treat us like this- who needs enemies, right ?

Time to erase the chalk board and start anew with finding quality friends who will respect your views and not infringe on your personal boundaries. JW's are great for infringing on our private lives or personal boundaries- usually uninvited.

Truly I believe your emotional life, mental, and physical life will be much more peaceful and calm by leaving these emotional vampires behind who have been sucking the joy out of your life ! Welcome to the little forum here , glad to have you. We offer our support and friendship my friend. Many of us have been in your shoes - and we get it- we understand. Hang in there and I wish for you a much happier 2018 and hope that peace returns to your life. We are here for you. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• dantoole87
    dantoole87

Thanks to everyone for the kind words

• stillin
    stillin

Well written and full of soul, Dan. Sorry that you and your wife don't seem to be able to work it out.

The elders seem to feel that if they say something to you, it's the same as though Jehovah has spoken to you. They don't consider that you have been to the same meetings and you read the same Watchtowers that they read. AND that you are the one who may have to "give an accounting for yourself" to Jehovah. They want to be your overlords. Almost all of them will step outside of the actual guiding principles found in the Bible and give their own thoughts, backed up with some bullshit that makes it SEEM like it's based on the Bible.

I, personally, don't feel that, if the Bible really is God's Word, God would have written it so that it could be understood in so many different ways. But that's another subject.

Be strong, be kind.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome Dan and baby!

The thing that is important to note is that this is a 19th century religion that is still not high on education. It has never really gotten anything right.

They worship a made up god Jehovah which is not even the proper name of that Hebrew god.

Being a JW means you are part of a death cult. Be it the ban on a life saving blood transfusion or looking forward to billions dying at Armageddon. Their so called paradise earth will be built on the bones of the dead..........not a problem because it's all made up crap.

So yes you are better off being out of it.

There seems to be a lot of unstable people in your life, a lot of ups and downs. You need to move forward, new ideas, new friends, education, training etc.

Thanks for sharing with us.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

Loved this story, your reasonable honest nature is refreshing! Those hypocrites couldn't handle you. Someday I will post our story, sadly there are the same undertones of unloving people pretending to be the true religion

• Rebecca 619
    Rebecca 619

Welcome , I have found comfort on this site , so many experiences, with the body of elders that are supposed to care for the sheep mistreat them, I still go to meetings and like you said there might be a sincere elder that wants to help but they are persuaded by the opinions of the rest and don't think for themselves , just a question If you had a medical Marijuana card would it be OK to use it for anxiety ? , don't know , sending you my love 💜

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit