Memorial Talk: 2 points for JW's to listen out for - and to consider.

by The Fall Guy 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Memorial Talk from Australia -

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODMemorialTalk2020/pub-mo-tk20r_16_VIDEO

At 23 minutes 00 seconds, the speaker says who are God's sons/Christ's brothers.

According to the Bible, he's got it wrong:

(Matthew 12:50) whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.”

(Matthew 13:38) The field is the world; as for the fine seed, these are the sons of the kingdom;

(Matthew 25:40) To the extent that YOU did it to one of the least of these my brothers, [Christians] YOU did it to me.

(Mark 3:35) Whoever does the will of God, this one is my brother and sister and mother.”

(Luke 8:21) In reply he said to them: “My mother and my brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it.”

(John 1:12,13) However, as many as did receive him, to them he gave authority to become God’s children.........

(Rom. 8:14) For all who are led by God’s spirit, these are God’s sons.

(1 John 5:1) Every one who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God..........(RSV)

At 24 minutes 45 seconds, Ephesians 1:18 is read from the Silver Sword*, in order to remind the sheep and to reinforce the org's dogma of a 2-tier Christian congregation; “He has enlightened the eyes of your heart, so that you may know to what hope he called you,.....” - inferring different hopes!

Does the Bible offer more than one hope to Christians? In the same letter - at Ephesians 4:4-6, the apostle Paul – addressing all Christians - said this, “One body there is, and one spirit, even as YOU [Christians] were called in the one hope to which YOU were called...”

*Every other Bible translation follows the original Greek by translating it as “....what is the hope of His calling...”

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Amen bro!

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Bro - LOL!!!!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The whole fucking ransom thing is hard to square up with the facts. According to jw's, jehober required that a ransom price be paid--right!

Supposedly, Satan took/kidnapped something from jehober and mankind, namely, perfect human life!

So to get back what was taken, a ransom was required and needed to be paid!

Logically, the perpetrator, the bad guy, Satan, the one who took/kidnapped perfect human life should be the one asking for a ransom price to be paid. Satan should be the one setting the price of the ransom!

So then, why is it that jehober set the ransom price? When a person or a valuable item is takes/stolen, who asks for a ransom? The person from whom it was taken or the person who committed the crime?

Maybe it's just me that has the problem!

just saying!

• waton
    waton

I always found it gross that the watchtower Society, counter of the partakers, would claim that work for them, payments to them, to be the only valid humanitarian deeds done by the "sheep", the OS,and for that reason only to be ones to survive Armageddon, the judgement of the living.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    The whole fucking ransom thing is hard to square up with the facts

The whole concept of this Biblical ransom is idiotic , barbaric and a total non sense

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

As millions of Jehovah's Witnesses on this evening engage in their annual rejection of the New Covenant, this scripture keeps coming to mind:

"Just think how much worse the punishment will be for those who have trampled on the Son of God, and have treated the blood of the covenant, which made us holy, as if it were common...and have insulted...the Holy Spirit who brings God’s mercy to us". - Heb. 10:29 NLT

• waton
    waton
    Just think how much worse the punishment will be for those who have trampled on the Son of God, and have treated the blood of the covenant,

SB:Even if the context of that scripture might not apply to refusing to partake of commanded cocenant symbol, the cup of wine, it is still a powerful reminder. thank you.

Had a spectacular sunset, moon rising during the video presentation of the 1000 language JWorg commercial bsw.

Unless you drink m blood, eat my flesh you have no life. JC in John 6.

not selling just saying.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well, we zoomed in to the local congregation. I sat through it respectfully, it meant a lot to my wife..

The speaker did not highlight so much Jesus and what he did, as much as speaking of the the dual destinies and showing Watchtower pics of a paradise earth .. .There was a lot about not taking the emblems ......

No, we did not have wine and unleavened bread to hand.....

• Room 215
    Room 215

Me too, BluesBrother.. Remarkable in that they made the lone partaker the Star of the Show... zoomed in on him as he ate the matzoh and quaffed the wine. I mean, weren't these people paying attention to last week's Watchtower lesson which told them not to make a big fuss over partakers?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit