Memorial Talk: 2 points for JW's to listen out for - and to consider.

by The Fall Guy 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• johnamos
    johnamos

In regards to who are God's sons and Jesus' brothers, am I wrong in thinking that all JW's believe/refer to Jehovah as their heavenly father...

If Jehovah is Jesus' heavenly father and JW's believe Jehovah is their heavenly father, doesn't that make them all sons (& daughters) of God and brothers (& sisters) of Jesus...

[12-1-57 WT - Joseph the carpenter of Nazareth, who acted as an earthly father to Jesus, did not give him this organization of followers. God his heavenly Father was the one that gave him the organization. Jesus himself acknowledged that fact. He said: “No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him.” (John 6:44) “What my Father has given me is something greater than all other things, and no one can snatch them out of the hand of the Father.” (John 10:29) To his heavenly Father Jesus said in prayer: “I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me.” (John 17:6)]

[7-1-12 WT - “FATHER” was the term that Jesus often used when talking to and about God.* When teaching his followers to pray, Jesus said: “Whenever you pray, say, Father.” (Luke 11:2) But what kind of father is Jehovah? The answer to this question is vitally important. Why? The better we comprehend the kind of father Jehovah is, the closer we will draw to him and the more we will love him.

No one is better qualified to tell us about our heavenly Father than Jesus himself. He enjoyed a close relationship with his Father. Jesus stated: “No one fully knows the Son but the Father, neither does anyone fully know the Father but the Son and anyone to whom the Son is willing to reveal him.” (Matthew 11:27) Thus, the best way to know the Father is through the Son.]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit