The laziness of JW parents....

by stuckinarut2 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• sparky1
    sparky1

The laziness of JW parents....................:

Sparky: 'Mum, where do babies come from?'

Mum: 'You know.'

Sparky: 'No I don't. That's why I'm asking'.

Mum: 'Shut up!'

Sparky: 'I just want to know.'

Mum: SMACK

The same routine was repeated over and over again on all manner of subjects until I reached adulthood. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Most JW parents & JW's are just overwhelmed with life itself. Always in an exasperated mode, whether with or without children. I call it having the vapors. Many of them have a hard time just dealing with everyday life, always waiting for paradise, never really enjoying the here & now. Oh yes, they pretend to enjoy themselves. Just look at their sad eyes. Many laugh but it never reaches their eyes.

I agree, JW parents don't do anything by instinct only making the babies....they research everything to see Jehovah's view...aka: They haven't a clue to what they are doing. Can't even keep the child quiet during the meetings, we know that's hard because kids will be kids...they don't discipline their kids in front of the friends that's why the kids act up, cuz they know parents won't do anything.

Many JW's need a manual just to live life, so that's where the bible fits in for them. They are just basically to lazy to think. Just open a book & it's all laid out for you. But that goes for the religion itself, you don't have to think, it's all there for you.

Parents today are just different whether witnesses or not. They stress their kids out by keeping them busy so the parents don't have to interact with them...soccer lessons,practice, baseball, after school stuff...whatever, anything not to be with their kids, but to the parent they are doing the right thing...see I'm good to my kids...but no time for them...that's why some kids do what they please...parents don't pay them no mind, they don't know what they are doing or where they are going...that's how some slip through the cracks and end up shooting up schools...plain old ignoring their kids...we fight for pro-life to not abort the children but when they get here, we ignore them..

Parents are too into themselves today....JW parents are lazy because the org. makes them lazy and they want their kids...

Tor

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    stuckinarut
    Ttdtt! Your comment is very interesting too!

It became a painful, very painful realization of fact for me.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I know so many that fell into this trap. As full grown adults, they struggle to make ends meet, are heavily in debt, have no savings, no health care insurance, no retirement, and no meaningful employment that provides some satisfaction.

Oh but wait...they do not care. After all as I have been repeatedly informed the Bible tells them that they will throw their silver into the streets, and their gold will become abhorrent to them. Neither their silver nor their gold will be able to save them. So it is there own fault that they are in that situation. I have ZERO sympathy for them. Besides we all know where to find "sympathy" in the dictionary...right between "shit" and "syphilis".

• hybridous
    hybridous

I liked tor's comment, because I remember my parents being exasperated, and taking their frustrations out on me/us.

But as I've grown older, I've learned that much...MUCH of their exasperation was beyond that which is simply part-and-parcel to parenting itself, and instead was selected for, due to their devotion to the JW religion.

In other words, the JW religion made all things harder, no things easier, all things worse, and no things better, and they bore their share of that burden as parents...which is only fair, since we bore the rest as children.

I have found that the alternative to the cultish imbalance of the JW lifestyle doesn't have to a different imbalance in another direction. There is actually much room and many opportunities to strike a working balance between partaking of the childhood activities forbidden to us by the JW religion, and spending time at home, helping out with homework, playing games, and connecting in meaningful ways through thoughtful conversation.

The JW religion steals so much time and effort. that upon exiting that religion, for the first time in my life, I found myself with a wealth of both (and absolutely no judgement as to where to spend those, but that's a story for another day).

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STUCKINARUT2:

I have to agree with you on this.

As a young working adult when I came into the JW religion, I was struck by the fact that people there needed to be told everything. Now, I realize they were born-ins who had absolutely no concept of life outside the religion. They acted like they were a little village in ancient Israel.

EXJWLEMMING:

I also heard of people working for brothers with businesses. And, yes, these brothers with businesses appeared to live high on the hog...I hope these JWs were being paid a fair wage. What a trap for some poor young JW! Instead of getting an education and a profession/career, they’re wasting their lives and precious time making some brother rich! Well, these brothers aren’t going to be supporting them in their old age.

Wake up lurkers.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

This is a subject close to my heart.

I have witnessed JW parents do the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM they have to just so they can be called 'parents' and not have themselves reported to child welfare.

My own Mother actively discouraged me from finishing senior high-school. Her quote: 'its all garbage, and its all going to end soon'. The year was 1986. Because I believed her, that one simple sentence set the trajectory of my working life.

Less than 5 years later, after the damage had been done, she left the org, never to return. I realised she was using the org as an excuse to be a selfish parent and once her children were old enough, she was gone. There was no way she was driving her kids to after -school sports practise. School plays were out, because they were on a meeting night.....etc...etc...sigh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit