The laziness of JW parents....

by stuckinarut2 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It struck me that the Society has created a culture of lazy JW parenting.

Rather than parents being there to guide and direct and help their children through all stages of life, the GB / Society has become the "go-too" for everything.

If the child has an issue, there is a WT article for that.

Does the child need help with something else? Ah, there is a Caleb and Sophia cartoon for that.

What about that other topic? Ah, there is a book for that.

So rather than being present parents, the average JW parent simply outsources their parenting to the Organization! Lazy indeed.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

My mom was even lazier than that. Taking us to the meetings was enough.

Oh and there wasn't a Godly cartoon in sight at that time. Nope, just the WT and talks to instruct us. After coming back from the meeting, nothing at all was spoken about God etc cause sitting at the meetings took care of it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think you make a good point there stuck. It makes sense that the parents don`t have to think anything through because the "Society" has already done that for us so no need for us to do so.

Is it any wonder that they would feel the same way with their children and as you say there are books for children Sophie & Caleb cartoons and awake articles that cover all the information that children need so why could a parent have anything more to add that the GB hasn`t already covered ?

• paradiseseeker
    paradiseseeker

I think that's because the average JW isn't capable of building his own morality system. He has been told that X is good because God/FDS says so, thus he hasn't gone through the process of experimenting the consequences of this or that and extract a life lesson from that. And of course, in many cases that's the way he is going to educate his son: has the GB said something about that? No? Well... I'm lost, anything will do.

I can recall a friend who came a across a woman who expressed suicide thoughts and almost the only thing he could think of to tell her was sending her Awake! articles.

The cringe was real.

• SummerAngel
    SummerAngel

Add to that home schooling equals no education. No school clubs or hobbies to encourage no outtings to help them learn any spare time get knocking doors

• hybridous
    hybridous

Good thread.

I remember this well. For whichever problem(s) I had, mom was there to hand me a Watchtower about it.

I quickly learned that this would be the only 'help' I could expect to receive.

Mom stopped hearing about my problems - and it wasn't because I didn't have any...

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    SummerAngel
    Add to that home schooling equals no education. No school clubs or hobbies to encourage no outtings to help them learn any spare time get knocking doors

No logical fallacies here.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Well, since our children are simply property of the organization (yeah, y'all saw THAT moment of the Feb '18 broadcast), it makes sense that we'd take instructions off of seven elderly dudes. And what kind of child does that create? We had a fine opportunity to get inside the ideal JW child's head in the broadcast, when the two props pedo bait boys were brought out and asked for ideas for the next Caleb and Sophia cartoon.

Both wanted to see their role model, Caleb, get ganged up on, bullied and humiliated by cartoon classmates.

Because that's what every healthy child hopes and anticipates for.

Only JW kids, I swear. There's nothing normal about their outlook, thanks to cult programming.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Yes 100%. But not only lazy parents but lazy spouses.

Being I JW can be very toxic to the relationship you have with your wife or husband.

You are brainwashed to not concentrate on your marriage but on meetings and service and bla bla bla.

This can only be done for the sake of your relationship.

So what I have seen over and over again, is couples how to grow apart without even knowing it.

Instead of seeing problems and issues and dealing with them as your marriage progresses, you ignore them, put them on hold, think how wonderful your mate will be in paradise, but NEVER work on the issues you have.

Always look at it as not wanting things to impact your relationship with Jah and the congregation.

It has brought so much pain.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great comments!

Yes @wake me! That's a great observation. Those boys were almost eagerly looking forward to a Caleb storyline with persecution as the theme! How perverted and distorted is that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit