The false prophet strikes again! Didn't anyone notice?

by nowwhat? 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Last year during the closing talk our favorite anthony Morris lll in all his glory declared" armageddon is imminent!" On the broadcast screen at every regional convention world wide! Well it has been a year now and if you look at the definition of imminent , we are well past the expiration date.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Wait, hold on, you mean a "prophesy" from the GB has not come to be!!! How is this possible? They are Gods ONLY Earthly representation, and very mouthpiece. If they foretold something, and it did not come to pass, wouldnt that mean that they are NOT being directed by God himself???

Hold on, i gotta look into this further. Has this ever happened before, where the WTBS foretold that the end was coming, and it actually DID NOT happen? If thats the case, these guys just may not have the "truth", weird.

• waton
    waton

If His Eminence really said " imminent ". it means overlapping and invisibly spiritual, unreal.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Just think how much closer it is this year.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well, it IS closer than it was last year when he said it.... So too is his dementia...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has been saying this for over 130 years now.

I wonder if this particular propagation has something to do with the proliferation and distribution of the WTS's own published literature ?

................naaaaaaa

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Gorby's relatives told him this week "we smell peace and security".

Replied "I did in 1986 and my grandparents in 1945".

Weird people, catche 22.

G.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Well, sad to say that because the G.B. dumb`s down education so much the majority of J.W`s just don`t have any idea of what the word imminent really means.

My little pocket Oxford Dictionary states "about to happen soon"... damn that`s another word Jehovah`s Witnesses have trouble understanding the meaning of.Also impending refer back to imminent .

Then again J.W`s have been conditioned to believe that a thousand years with Jehovah is like one day ( 24 hr.) and one day is like a thousand years ( year being 365 24 Hr.days)

So you must wonder why the words imminent , impending ,soon , even get the J.W`s excited in the first place ?

oh that`s right education or the lack of.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

And probably in 1919 -20 also Gorby they never look at the big picture do they .

Syria ,Afghanistan ,war zones ,potential hot spots still in places like the South China Seas ,and if they are thinking of Nth and Sth Korea who are they trying to kid ? Even if peace did eventuate their that`s not influencing politics or military threats any where else in the world.

• Ding
    Ding

According to the story, the boy who constantly cried "Wolf!" lost credibility with everyone.

Apparently, the story was wrong....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit