The false prophet strikes again! Didn't anyone notice?

by nowwhat? 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jws
    jws

I forget which year. Some time within the past 8 since I've been divorced. Probably 3-5 years ago, I went to a convention because it wasn't far and I just wanted to see what one looked like these days.

The speaker said that we were in the final seconds of the final minute of this system of things.

Their clock must be like one of those ones science programs use to show how long man has been on the earth. Where a second must be a few thousand years or something.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    jws - "...The speaker said that we were in the final seconds of the final minute of this system of things..."

Is it just me, or does anyone else pick up on what seems to be a subtle but definite undercurrent of almost-desperate wishfulness behind those statements these days?

:smirk:

• sir82
    sir82

subtle but definite undercurrent of almost-desperate wishfulness

Oh it stopped being subtle long ago.

It's well beyond "almost" desperate.

The most common phrase you'll hear among any gathering of JWs: "This system can't go on much longer!"

Often you can literally see and hear the desperation in their eyes, their voices. As if saying it over and over will bring it sooner.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Gorby's relatives told him this week "we smell peace and security".

And by the way.... why the hell would Gawd decided to step in at a time when mankind has achieved peace and security? How incredibly stupid.

Shouldn't he step in when the situation is incredibly dire instead? It seems to me that he is really afraid of coming to the conclusion that humans really don't need him after all.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Last year during the closing talk our favorite anthony Morris lll in all his glory declared" armageddon is imminent!" On the broadcast screen at every regional convention world wide! Well it has been a year now and if you look at the definition of imminent , we are well past the expiration date.

Well, you see, we are talking about “overlapping imminents.”

• sparky1
    sparky1

Now lets be fair. Gods Kingdom has only been ruling for 104 years. It's going to take some time for Him to get his Armageddon battle plans and strategy figured out.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    sir82 - "The most common phrase you'll hear among any gathering of JWs: 'This system can't go on much longer!'..."

...because if it does, and Armageddon doesn't happen, then the WTS might be completely buggered.

And then where will they go what will they do? :smirk:

sir82 - "Often you can literally see and hear the desperation in their eyes, their voices. As if saying it over and over will bring it sooner."

It's not too obvious, but yeah, I remember seeing it back in the day, and realizing what it was. Of course, I'm sure you know that the downside of "wishful thinking" is its "nightmare stage".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    redvip2000 - "why the hell would Gawd decide to step in at a time when mankind has achieved peace and security?"

That feels like telling your kids that if they grow up and achieve successful lives on their own, without doing it 100% your way, in your house, by your rules...

...you're going to punish them.

You ask me, that's a great way to raise your kids to be severely fucked up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit