What do you do with your old liturature?

by Gadget 45 Replies latest jw friends

• unique1
    unique1

Gave my bound volumes to goodwill!!

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

Burned everything that would burn, threw out the bindings.

If I go to a used bookstore, I usually buy any JW literature I find destroy it. I can't stomach the thought of some poor soul getting roped in to the cult.

• Buster
    Buster

I like to go to used book stores. Anyway, one day last summer, I went to one at Depot Bay, Oregon and came across a 'Knowledge' book. This had been published since I lieft the org. I wanted to see what they were spewing 'these days'. Two interesting things happened:

1. A dubbie approached me at the beach and asked my group what congregation we attended. It was a brief encounter - I continued reading the book. But the neat part was when they were leaving the beach. For some reason the husband dubbie reached over and smacked his four- or five-yr-old son on the head. Well, wife dubbie reared back and gave him a good one right in the puss. You shoulda seen the look on her face when she realized that I was looking right at her - priceless.

2. An interest in the topic was ignited. I have read book after book, and have been posintg here for a while.

So, used book stores, E-bay, whatever, can be a good way to get those trash books out there. I think they have a completely different impact when not being delivered by a JW - the books don't stand well on their own and the 'trash that they are' becomes obvious.

• 2escaped lifers
    2escaped lifers

We plan on taking ours on our next camping trip with the boys. It's cheaper than buying ricks of firewood for $3 a piece. Don't know what to do with the videos and Kingdom Melodies CDs though. They don't burn as well.

Steph

• Prisca
    Prisca

Steph, use the CDs as drink or food coasters

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I actually keep all mine -- the reason is simple -- I use it as a research tool -- to check if they change things - like from magazines to bound volummes to CD-ROM - also if posters on this board want anything scanning in etc. I can offer teh service -- you just never know - may also be useful in court one day

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit