What do you do with your old liturature?

by Gadget 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Gadget
    Gadget

I'm in the middle of decorating my new house, and was a bit stuck as to what to use to mask off the furniture/carpets etc until I spotted an oldv pile of watchtowers that I'd been meaning to throw out. I now have paint spattered watchtowers all over my living room.

Anybody else got any good things to use old liturature for?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I threw all of our out in the trash (except for a couple things) not even a month after we stopped going. I've thought about dumping the rest of it but haven't bothered.

It would have been smarter for me to try and sell the more valuable items on ebay!

I know some people give the literature back to the hall, but I didn't want to do that... why help someone else get sucked in to the cult?

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

101 things you can do with your old magazines....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/57843/856677/post.ashx#856677

• Panda
    Panda

I threw most of it away. But every once in awhile something pops up, then the demons grab me by the hair and ravish me (oh wait that was Nick)

I used the bound volumes to elevate my teapot collection on top of my kitchen cabinets. That ebau idea is good though. Does anyone know how to sell on ebay?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

When I was in the process of leaving, I think I went a little nuts. I took my book bag and all of my literature and put it in the bathtub and left it there for several days getting soaked every time I showered. I guess I wanted to make sure they could never be used again. I then took them and tossed them in the trash.

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

I threw everything away except my pioneer school book, couldn't part with that, had a lot of old friends sign it, maybe one day...- V Sky

• Mulan
    Mulan

We took most of it to the dump. We saved a few things, that had value to us.................the Insight books, the Proclaimer's book, my pioneer school book, my stepfather's elder book (Dave gave his back when he resigned), 2 yearbooks where my stepfather is mentioned (he was a missionary, and Gilead grad), and some of Charles Russell's books from my late stepfather's library, and maybe 5 or 6 other publications we felt still had some value................written by an ex JW we are friends with.

We also sold a bunch on ebay and got about $800. It's amazing what some people will pay for old stuff.

The old large WT's went for $10 each, Golden Ages went for $40 each, old orange Paradise books sold for $7.00 each (we had several). The Finished Mystery sold for $45, MacMillan's book went for $80. We had the entire set of Rutherford's books too (the rainbow books) and sold them in one sale for 100's of dollars. It's worth a shot.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Old magazines can be used to line a cat's litter box.

Walter

Ontario District Overbeer

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    The Finished Mystery sold for $45,

You have got to be kidding me !! I have two of them. I also have a copy of the Childrens book, copyright, 1941 by J, F. Rutherford, what do you suppose that thing is worth ??.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am sitting here still surrounded by it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit