Oh, the inconsistency of it all!!

by ozziepost 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Over the years it has become clear that controlling bodies seeking to regulate their members are prone to inconsistencies, even contradictions.

The Borg is not immune from that.

Why is it that wedding rings are allowed, but confetti isn't?

Why is it that wedding anniversaries can be celebrated, but birthdays can't?

Why is it that wine and beer are okay, but tobacco isn't?

Why is it that women's pantsuits are not allowed whereas shapely skirts are?

Why is it that women can dye their hair, but men cannot grow a beard?

Why is it................

.............................okay, can you add to this list?

Cheers, Ozzie

• Amandasunstableboyfriend
    Amandasunstableboyfriend

Why is it that my mom ignored my birthday for 20 years yet expects an anniversary present?

Why is it that we can have a local needs talk about the colour of someones boots but the Elder giving the talk can drink a bottle of vodka for dinner?

Why is it that Witness girls are virgins, yet they can suck chrome off a hubcap?

Why is it that the Watchtower can admit they "aren't perfect" but you get disfellowshipped for apostacy if you agree with them?

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Why is "the good news" supposed to be preached "in all the inhabited earth", yet we are discouraged from studying with, or bringing to the Kingdom Hall, either the homeless or mentally ill?

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Hi Ozzie.....................................

Why is it that pedophiles get support and help while the victims and their family are shunned and treated like trouble makers, even df'ed??????????????????????????

Why is it that dubs aren't suppose to be materialistic yet in Canberra elders set the lead in owning houses and BIG 4 wheel drives???????????

Why aren't dubs allowed to belong to any political party yet the WTS joined the UN as an NGO?????????????

Why do the dubs tell people they preach to that they are identified as god's visible organization because of the love they have yet in reality there is more bitching and jealousy than anything else??????????????

Why do they want to help strangers yet ignore members of their own congregation?????????????

HYPOCRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Bliss

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

ozzie. those are very subtle observations. Glad to see you around.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Why is it good to give away free literature but not free bread to the poor?

• greven
    greven

Why is it good to question your faith and religion unless you are a jw?

Greven

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Why is it good to give away free literature but not free bread to the poor?

That's quite profound! Thanks RF, it certainly makes ya think, eh? BTW how's the bleak state at the mo? Cheers, Ozzie

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

Why is a 15 year girl old disfellowshipped for having sex with a 33 year old brother. Where I live that is considered rape, not fornication.

• gumby
    gumby
    Over the years it has become clear that controlling bodies seeking to regulate their members are prone to inconsistencies, even contradictions.

First off oz.....I thought I was reading an exerpt from a watchtower with your opening comment I outlined in bold type.......tee he .

Why is it that wedding rings are allowed, but confetti isn't?

Because confetti is made up of ground up watchtower and awakes, and to throw it at people is not how Jesus presented his message.

Why is it that wedding anniversaries can be celebrated, but birthdays can't?

Because they just can......that's why

Why is it that wine and beer are okay, but tobacco isn't?

Because most of the GB like it, as they have never smoked, and.... it's easier to hide on your breath.

Why is it that women's pantsuits are not allowed whereas shapely skirts are?

Womens pantsuits show off your camel

toes too much!

Why is it that women can dye their hair, but men cannot grow a beard?

Dying hair and growing hair are two different matters. It's like rolling a joint ....or growing it.

Now then little MR......if you cannot abide by the well thought out answers I've given you, .....I'm afraid you may have to step down untill your reasoning clears up a bit.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit